Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Offtopic] - Endless Cuisine

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 6:02:24 PM
Slar wrote:
btw that was a joke. When I think cravers and endless cuisine lol I thought of sophon cookies.

Probably with chocolate. I hate chocolate on cookies, did I already mention that? ^^
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 6:06:48 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Probably with chocolate. I hate chocolate on cookies, did I already mention that? ^^

and that is why I am evil, i put in chocolate *evil laughter ensues*
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 6:15:22 PM
BTW: There is an off-topic board - click here to check it out. As for what I am currently slopping into my face while playing ES - it's good old fashioned BBQ chicken and red beans and rice baby! Yeah! smiley: biggrin And Slar, don't forget that one can add Amoeba jelly filling to the Sophon cookies to make Sophon Dandies.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 10:16:59 PM
Mtwo wrote:
Well,it's Greece.I should probably be ok.

I fear that is an international problem and it works like this, even for undergrads: http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/archive.php?comicid=1484

Our cantine definitely cooks very well the first two weeks of each new semester, afterwards it is back to usual.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 9:22:13 PM
We really need an off topic board, no offence of course, it sounds yummy!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 9:22:14 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
I'm currently consuming selfmade applesauce with cinnamon and a touch of lemon on spaghetti (please Italians, don't kill me!), so I just had to know what freaky nourishment you people might like to consume.

In other words: Tell us what you're eating or even better, cooking. smiley: wink

Recipes encouraged!

Of course, to stay at least a bit ontopic, state which of our beloved alien races pointing with a laser on you and a rumbling stomach you'd try to appease with your fine meal. :P

Nos selfmade applesauce:

Take 5 small and rather sour apples, peel and gut them.

Put a kettle on the stove, with about half a centimeter water on the bottom, on medium heat.

Cut the peeled and gutted apples into quarters and throw them in the kettle. Put a bit of lemonjuice on that and wait til it starts to nearly boil.

Then mash the apples with any equipment capable of grinding them down without injuring yourself with splashes of boiling water...

Keep it on the slow boil for a quarter of an hour, mix in cinnamon powder to your liking, then serve.

For me: A good candidate as an alternative to a tomato spaghetti sauce!

Which race would I serve it to?

Sophons of course, they seem quite the experimental bunch. While they try to taste every flavor, I'll take my leave. ^^

Haha,they will take a while.

btw,shouldn't there be an off topic part of forum?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 9:23:09 PM
Not yet, but this is my little way to promote the idea a bit. *coughs* I didn't say nothing!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 9:24:11 PM
I'm in "student mode" and you're talking about cooking??? I can't even make a beefsteak, always eating "micro-waves food", you're so malicious...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 9:25:02 PM
Randeng wrote:
I'm in "student mode" and you're talking about cooking??? I can't even make a beefsteak, always eating "micro-waves food", you're so malicious...

Thank you, but as a phd-student I have to tell you that some students CAN cook and will even do so, if they have the time. Or the cantine is so bad...
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 9:26:10 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Thank you, but as a phd-student I have to tell you that some students CAN cook and will even do so, if they have the time. Or the cantine is so bad...

I can't imagine what horrid things I might cook if the fast food restaurants and cantines are that bad.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 9:36:31 PM
Mtwo wrote:
I can't imagine what horrid things I might cook if the fast food restaurants and cantines are that bad.

Ever had spaetzle cooked together with sauerkraut? That is one horrible combination, I tell you... o_o
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 9:37:34 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Ever had spaetzle cooked together with sauerkraut? That is one horrible combination, I tell you... o_o

My time for university still hasn't come.I am too young.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 9:49:17 PM
Mtwo wrote:
My time for university still hasn't come.I am too young.

Then I very much hope for the sake of your stomach and intestines that you'll never ever have to experience the horrors of a bad cantine. Seriously.

Anyways, I just see chatter and nothing edible. :P
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 9:52:54 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Then I very much hope for the sake of your stomach and intestines that you'll never ever have to experience the horrors of a bad cantine. Seriously.

Anyways, I just see chatter and nothing edible. :P

Well,it's Greece.I should probably be ok.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 9:20:46 PM
I'm currently consuming selfmade applesauce with cinnamon and a touch of lemon on spaghetti (please Italians, don't kill me!), so I just had to know what freaky nourishment you people might like to consume.

In other words: Tell us what you're eating or even better, cooking. smiley: wink

Recipes encouraged!

Of course, to stay at least a bit ontopic, state which of our beloved alien races pointing with a laser on you and a rumbling stomach you'd try to appease with your fine meal. :P

Nos selfmade applesauce:

Take 5 small and rather sour apples, peel and gut them.

Put a kettle on the stove, with about half a centimeter water on the bottom, on medium heat.

Cut the peeled and gutted apples into quarters and throw them in the kettle. Put a bit of lemonjuice on that and wait til it starts to nearly boil.

Then mash the apples with any equipment capable of grinding them down without injuring yourself with splashes of boiling water...

Keep it on the slow boil for a quarter of an hour, mix in cinnamon powder to your liking, then serve.

For me: A good candidate as an alternative to a tomato spaghetti sauce!

Which race would I serve it to?

Sophons of course, they seem quite the experimental bunch. While they try to taste every flavor, I'll take my leave. ^^
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 12:44:27 AM
Nosferatiel wrote:
I'm currently consuming .....and a touch of lemon on spaghetti (please Italians, don't kill me!),

as long as you eat the spagetti o's with the little circle pasta the italians will not kill yah.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 12:51:09 AM
Since avocados are coming into season in the US, let me share with you my relatively healthy snack!

1. Put two pieces of bread in the toaster. While that is going...

1. Take an avocado and peel it, throwing away the pit. If you can, sprinkle lime juice on one half, ziploc it and save it in the fridge for another batch later.

2. Cut the remaining half into into small pieces.

3. Sprinkle in some lime juice, garlic salt, and some red pepper flakes for those of you who like a bit of heat.

4. Mash the avocado with a fork (Just push down on the chunks and let it mash between the tines. I find it works well for small batches like this).

5. Don't burn your toast. Get it out!

6. Spread the avocado mixture on your two pieces of toast. Enjoy!

For those of you who avoid red meat often, this is a great source of "good" monounsaturated fats and potassium! Several studies suggest that an avocado-rich diet might help lower cholesterol. Try this spread on sandwiches in place of meat, you might be surprised!
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 3:58:39 AM
Randeng wrote:

Hm, as a student you should know that always "micro-waves food" is not so good... smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 10, 2012, 4:12:41 AM
My heart goes out to you single guys...us old married guys got it made in the shade...which shade is mostly beneath my well-stuffed midsection nowadays. smiley: biggrin Anyway, my favorite foods are typically steak, ribs and roast chicken...not all at once of course. My wife makes a wonderful vegetable borscht which is so healthy it has actually dropped my cholesterol over time.

Stay away from that fast food, its a killer!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment