Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Why is Euro Truck Simulator 2 the #1 seller on Steam?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 11, 2013, 6:47:36 PM
ben_caleb wrote:
I find the simulators are for those that wish they had those jobs, but cannot do it for some reason. Consider the train sim on Steam. You can spend over $1000 USD on DLC to spend hours pretending you are a train engineer. Childhood dreams revisited?

Might be, might be.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 23, 2013, 11:09:38 AM
I am not a fan but just tried the demo and it is really fun. You should try the demo, driving on real roads and carrying things to other cities is really awesome. smiley: smile You can download the trial version from the official site.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 23, 2013, 4:34:08 PM
Seems a good game; Belgium doesn't look like Belgium though..
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 4, 2013, 8:50:15 PM
I'm not a fan of these sim-games, but I was already having the same question in my mind smiley: biggrin

adder wrote:
Seems a good game; Belgium doesn't look like Belgium though..

hehehe, now I'm curious, I wonder if Austria looks like Austria lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 4, 2013, 12:09:24 PM
well i would guess that there are just so many people who would buy the game as a joke. and now its gone out of control
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 4, 2013, 12:48:53 PM
sharpteeth wrote:
well i would guess that there are just so many people who would buy the game as a joke. and now its gone out of control

Not that cheap this joke lol
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 11, 2013, 5:56:03 PM
I would call it dark self irony. And maybe giving it to youre friend as a steam present but dunno man
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 11, 2013, 6:13:35 PM
adder wrote:
I can't really see the joke in it?

Buying the game just for fun, manipulating the statistics - 4chan does similar stuff smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 11, 2013, 6:31:25 PM
I find the simulators are for those that wish they had those jobs, but cannot do it for some reason. Consider the train sim on Steam. You can spend over $1000 USD on DLC to spend hours pretending you are a train engineer. Childhood dreams revisited?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 21, 2013, 10:22:20 PM
I can't figure out why exactly Euro Truck Simulator is the best-selling game on Steam at the moment, and has been for a few days/since released. My only ideas are that there are more people into the simulation genre than I thought, or perhaps sales in Europe are that much higher due to its setting? Even with the recent release, I just can't fathom it outselling every other game available on Steam for 4+ days.

Thoughts? Are there even any Euro Truck Simulator fans out there?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 11, 2013, 6:52:23 PM
ben_caleb wrote:

Yeah, I can't be an SC agent for some reason, that's why I love space 4X gamessmiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 12, 2013, 2:58:51 AM
Next Sim game; Empire Management: Space Empire. A Simcity-esque game based around space and empires in it. You'll spend a month managing a single solar system.

0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 13, 2013, 6:34:40 AM
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 13, 2013, 4:56:05 PM
Minikomicweb wrote:
I didn't really see why that game is popular, until I saw this one:

hehehehe, nice graphics smiley: wink

physics engine.. teach me Master lol
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 7:48:18 PM
SaucyJack wrote:
This will never reach Street Cleaning Simulator status though:

http://www.gamespot.com/street-cleaning-simulator/reviews/street-cleaning-simulator-review-6326398/

Read the comments to understand the impact on gaming world this title had.

Wow. I'm thinking its the same kind of people. I don't get it, yeah there are some trolls in the comments, but there are some who genuinely love the game for some aspect that evades me. RPG elements can only go so far when you are essentially just driving to varying point A --> point B's.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 8:32:19 PM
T41 wrote:
I saw this and thought "Look Ma no hands"smiley: smile

Can you read my mind? It was my thought too lol
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment