A new home made Space 4X board game

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Feb 7, 2013, 12:51:49 AM
murph wrote:
Very rude stasik28.....

Make your own post. You contribute nothing here

Sorry smiley: frown What did I do? D:

It's not even mine lol, I just remembered seeing a 4X board game on kickstarter, therefore I'm hoping this genre actually makes it into stores and becomes popular, its great virtual, but imagine people playing it together, laughing at events like meteors destroying their fleets and stuff :P
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 7, 2013, 12:44:40 AM
murph wrote:
Very rude stasik28.....

I wouldn't say that - he's showing that there's competition. And inspiration never hurts.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 7, 2013, 12:08:00 AM
Very rude stasik28.....

0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 6, 2013, 11:21:09 PM
Unless you want different races of stick people...sorry, I can't help you.

Though I'm sure you can find some willing artists on the forums, I would recommend fiverr. Completely legit - I've gotten good results whenever I run into a problem with HTML or Java. I've found somebody is ALWAYS willing to do the work for $5.

http://fiverr.com/

I'll check out the game also as soon as I have some time
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 6, 2013, 7:06:44 PM
Thanks for the link, I'll check it out - but unfortunately I'm not an artist.. I can't provide you the portaits.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 1, 2013, 9:12:49 PM
Sharidann wrote:
How long can a game last ? Rouhgly?

For references, an Eclipse game with 6 players seems to be impossible to finish under 6 hours ca. (but I admit, we are not a very disciplined bunch)

But you had lots of fun then, I guess smiley: biggrin

I'm fine with everything above 20 minutes lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 1, 2013, 3:27:45 PM
How long can a game last ? Rouhgly?

For references, an Eclipse game with 6 players seems to be impossible to finish under 6 hours ca. (but I admit, we are not a very disciplined bunch)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 28, 2013, 5:31:50 PM
Okim wrote:
Oh, they also have one of the best fighters in the game and their cruisers can carry one fighter each (normally only transports can carry fighters).

Sounds really interesting smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 28, 2013, 3:52:39 PM
Oh, they also have one of the best fighters in the game and their cruisers can carry one fighter each (normally only transports can carry fighters).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 28, 2013, 1:39:23 PM
Okim wrote:
Avis get a very powerful bonus in the early game - they can reach more systems and thus get more encounters (which are 50/50 on bad/good things). This also grants Avis player a better understanding of surroundings and how to launch their expansion (knowing your sector helps a lot with planning what techs to select for development).

Later on Avis can be a real threat as they can travel faster and thus have better odds on launching surprise attacks, especially if they are moving last in the turn sequence (the battles take place after all the players take their turns, so Avis being the last to end the turn can launch a series of devastating attacks on poorly defended colonies - they are fast and they can reach further and other players can`t react!).

The seem to be better than I expected smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 28, 2013, 11:56:42 AM
Avis get a very powerful bonus in the early game - they can reach more systems and thus get more encounters (which are 50/50 on bad/good things). This also grants Avis player a better understanding of surroundings and how to launch their expansion (knowing your sector helps a lot with planning what techs to select for development).

Later on Avis can be a real threat as they can travel faster and thus have better odds on launching surprise attacks, especially if they are moving last in the turn sequence (the battles take place after all the players take their turns, so Avis being the last to end the turn can launch a series of devastating attacks on poorly defended colonies - they are fast and they can reach further and other players can`t react!).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 28, 2013, 11:30:17 AM
The Avis seem to be interesting smiley: biggrin

- Let me see what I can do for your project smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 28, 2013, 10:41:53 AM
Right now there are 7 races all with unique abilities.

Race are mostly classic:

Humans with advanced torpedoes, bombs and ability to control large fleets.

Mindors that are very creative and brilliant, but are very weak.

Hivenids that are great farmers and workers.

Wurmis that are extremely fast breeders. They have the cheapest colonists and their troops can resurrect.

Wargars that are the warriors with bonus to accuracy of ships and troops.

Avis that are the best navigators in the game.

Assemblers who`s ships are the most durable and allow for more customisations.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 28, 2013, 10:16:16 AM
stasik28 wrote:
If you didn't get it, why didn't you ask XD But yea, it does make sense now smiley: ohh

I still was trying to solve it lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 6, 2013, 6:51:22 PM
Hi, guys.

I haven`t been on this forums for quite a lot of time, so most of you might not even know me. I once was a VIP here and took some minor part in game testing and discussions when it was in alpha phase.

So, i came here with the permission of Steph`nie to share a link to my personal Space 4X board game that i`m currently developing.

Here is the link to the currently ongoing IndieGoGo campaign for this project: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lords-of-the-stars-board-game/x/2371297?c=home

The game is focused on all four X elements - you have a large galaxy to explore and expand, a complex economy with 3 resources to exploit (food, resources, research) and a vast number of tools to conquer or exterminate your neighbouring players. The game is heavily influenced by Master of Orion series, so people knowing these games might see the similarities.

The game is currently in an active search for an artist who can make 8 unique portraits for the races. So, if you can assist with it or know someone who can do that - please use an e-mail adress on the bottom of that page to contact me (or sign on the forums). I`m ready to discuss the compensation for this work.

Thanks to all in advance.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 28, 2013, 6:28:25 AM
Earth is our homeworld smiley: smile

Earthlings` home system contains Earth (a homeworld of fertile/terran type) with a capitol on it, uncolonised Mars (a barren/dead planet) and asteroids. That`s a standard setup for all home systems of all races (a homeworld, a dead world and asteroids).

All graphics in the game so far is made by me (except for asteroids that i`m going to replace at some point). The planets are created in photoshop with the help of some very useful and powerful tools. The only thing so far that i need help with - are race portraits.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 28, 2013, 4:45:17 AM
This is intriguing. I'm not much of an artist or I'd lend my services. I'm interested to see where this goes, though. Best of luck to you.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment