Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

A new home made Space 4X board game

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 12:01:08 PM
In this day and age you can't really avoid "stereotype" aliens - We've seen them all by now. smiley: biggrin

Heck - SOTS has Martial Arts Monkeys, Dragon Birds, Cheese loving insects and Marsupial death whale worshippers. smiley: alder
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 9:21:56 AM
Glad to hear that. I was afraid of them being too cliche... You know, bugs are the best known workers in most of the games.

There was once another race for this game - much like bugs from Starship Troopers - a ferocious and relentless hivemind-controlled warrior race. Perhaps it will get back into the game at some point.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 5:45:17 AM
Wowowow. I read through your battle report located below the hivenids update. This looks really fun
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 1, 2013, 5:16:56 PM
Okim wrote:
Thanks.

If you have any questions - ask away.

Not yet, but maybe after re-reading your reoprt - don't worry, I'll ask then smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 1, 2013, 2:42:18 PM
Okim wrote:
Its small as it covers just first 9 turns out of 20+ played smiley: smile

Oh well smiley: biggrin Still impressive lol
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 1, 2013, 1:42:06 PM
Okim wrote:
Hi. I`ve made a small report on one of the test games we`ve played recently. It describes first few turns, a map creation and end game. There are also some conclusions based on the experience we got from this play test.

http://okimstudios.3nx.ru/viewtopic.php?p=25

"SMALL" That's quite a big report - well done, well done smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 18, 2013, 12:57:15 PM
At least the next race in Lords of The Stars that is currently being drawn will be quite unique smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 12:46:54 PM
Okim wrote:
Hi!

The Lords of The Stars campaign reached the necessary sum for its first race art!

Meet the mighty Avis race - an eagle-like noble navigators and pilots. Avis description and an art piece for them is available here: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lords-of-the-stars-board-game/x/2371297 on the main page, and in the 'updates' section.

There are two new tiers for those of you who like to collect great looking arts and use them as wallpaper!

Spread the word! Get the arts! And leave you comments there!

Nice art, really nice smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 7:24:18 AM
Hi!

The Lords of The Stars campaign reached the necessary sum for its first race art!

Meet the mighty Avis race - an eagle-like noble navigators and pilots. Avis description and an art piece for them is available here: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lords-of-the-stars-board-game/x/2371297 on the main page, and in the 'updates' section.

There are two new tiers for those of you who like to collect great looking arts and use them as wallpaper!

Spread the word! Get the arts! And leave you comments there!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 8, 2013, 12:45:09 PM
3rd TI edition is the latest? If yes - than no, i haven`t played it.

I used to play what i believe to be the second edition. And honestly i`m not fond of it. Especially how the turn is played out and how simple the combat is. Actually - these 'disadvantages' are to be blamed for Lords of The Stars birth.

I haven`t played Eclipse, but i have their rulebook in my posession. I like their map creation and upgrades system. Not loving the abundance of micromanagement and wooden tokens smiley: smile

P.S.: there are some updates available for my campaign: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lords-of-the-stars-board-game?c=activity

P.P.S.: wow, 65$ for that Space Empires game? Hm... I just accounted all the components for my game and they are around 8 times greater in numbers. No, that doesn`t mean that the game will cost 520$, just that THAT game is a bit expensive for what it has IMHO.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 6, 2013, 8:49:59 PM
Sharidann wrote:
How long can a game last ? Rouhgly?

For references, an Eclipse game with 6 players seems to be impossible to finish under 6 hours ca. (but I admit, we are not a very disciplined bunch)

O_o

That's the time for a 4 players TI3 or Age of renaissance, not an Eclipse game with 6 players.

6 players should be between 3 and 4 hours. 5 hours for players that don't think while others are playing or don't pay attention ot others.

@Okim : When I said Space Empire I was talking about the wargame edited by GMT : http://www.gmtgames.com/p-358-space-empires-2012-reprint-ed.aspx

Did you played Twilight Imperium 3 ? Try it with the extension to taste what can be a great game, without too complex system.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 6, 2013, 11:01:45 AM
stevenjobs wrote:
Very rude stasik28.....

Make your own post. You contribute nothing here

Sssshhhh... nobody cares. Stop bringing up the subject again.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 2, 2013, 12:01:50 PM
Okim wrote:
4 player game takes around 4 hours of play. But right now there is a lot of discussion in our playtests, so games take much longer. Plus there is no such thing printed rules (cause they are constantly adjusted and its final version requires 7 race arts and some additional decorative art), so all questions are adressed to me smiley: smile

Seems to be ok smiley: smile
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment