Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Riddle me this

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Aug 1, 2013, 12:17:14 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Actually, that you have no nonsweet bread variants with a crust. At least Vancouver was spot-on confirming that prejudice, if I interpret that as all north-American people. smiley: stickouttongue

Well I have never even heard of non-sweet bread with a crust so you must be right smiley: stickouttongue

EDIT I Googled it and discovered that we at least make those types of bread, do you mean an original recipe
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 1, 2013, 2:41:06 PM
T41 wrote:
Well I have never even heard of non-sweet bread with a crust so you must be right smiley: stickouttongue

EDIT I Googled it and discovered that we at least make those types of bread, do you mean an original recipe

I mean shops like this one being normal for me: http://www.baeckerei-jaeger.de/bilder/baeckerei3.jpg with a whole display of different bread sorts, not only the three american prevalents: The sandwich/toast bread, the bagle and the hamburger/hotdog type.

So going to America is a culinary cultural shock.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 1, 2013, 3:09:28 PM
normal bread is indeed lacking in America.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 1, 2013, 3:25:19 PM
adder wrote:

What do you mean by normal bread? Because I can go to my local supermarket and they have a large wall with just all kinda of bread...Loaves of white, weat, whole grain, multi-grain, gluten free, Italian, hotdog/hamburger buns, bagels, rolls...

We do have sweet bread, but you usually have to go to an actual bakery to get it. The supermarket chains sometimes have it, in my experience, but it's always better from a dedicated bakery. Or homemade.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 1, 2013, 3:33:38 PM
FinalStrigon wrote:
What do you mean by normal bread? Because I can go to my local supermarket and they have a large wall with just all kinda of bread...Loaves of white, weat, whole grain, multi-grain, gluten free, Italian, hotdog/hamburger buns, bagels, rolls...

We do have sweet bread, but you usually have to go to an actual bakery to get it. The supermarket chains sometimes have it, in my experience, but it's always better from a dedicated bakery. Or homemade.

Just click the link or tell me if you know grey bread, black bread, pumpkin core bread, pumpernickel, onion bread, ciabatta, sunflower core bread and diverse others?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 1, 2013, 4:45:54 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Just click the link or tell me if you know grey bread, black bread, pumpkin core bread, pumpernickel, onion bread, ciabatta, sunflower core bread and diverse others?

This is now a bread thread, no? smiley: biggrin

0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 1, 2013, 5:20:31 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:

Pumpernickle yes and based on the picture we do have those (or at least what they look like, I dont usually read the names)

grey bread, black bread, pumpkin core bread, onion bread, ciabatta, sunflower core bread: never heard of them

adder wrote:

no you just have too much variety smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 1, 2013, 6:23:20 PM
T41 wrote:
no you just have too much variety smiley: stickouttongue
Well I've gotten used to this variety to see it as normal; smiley: biggrin I like to be able to eat different kinds of bread because always eating the same bread gets repetitive. I guess its a European thing...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 1, 2013, 6:50:46 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:

In the order you asked: No, Yes, Yes, Yes, No (unless leek bread counts?), Yes, No, and...Well, I guess others depends on what the others are.

We have it all over here, I'm sure. I think we just don't have as many bakeries everywhere, so, selections are limited for most people. Plus, a bakery (and thus truly fresh bread) probably can't beat the prices of the supermarket chains...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 8, 2013, 5:13:07 PM
adder wrote:
Well I've gotten used to this variety to see it as normal; smiley: biggrin I like to be able to eat different kinds of bread because always eating the same bread gets repetitive. I guess its a European thing...

I think its a mainland Europe thing in that case because in the UK people tend to eat one sort of bread, so I like white bread and my Dad likes brown bread. So I eat loaves of white bread, white bread rolls. I've never heard of anyone having a different sort of bread every day.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 8, 2013, 6:13:47 PM
InFlamesWeTrust wrote:
I think its a mainland Europe thing in that case because in the UK people tend to eat one sort of bread, so I like white bread and my Dad likes brown bread. So I eat loaves of white bread, white bread rolls. I've never heard of anyone having a different sort of bread every day.

Well, if you'd have a normal family breakfast on the weekend in germany, you'd end up having about 5 different types of rolls, at least. Maybe white rolls with sesame, another with poppy, one with sunflower seeds, a ciabatta, a sweet one in between, a croissant, a muesli topped one, a plain one...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 9, 2013, 12:52:29 AM
I had pancakes this morning (I overcooked them smiley: frown) but those are just flour. I normally have either wheat or white w/sesame for my sandwiches.

Anyway how do you fit all those different breads? How much can you eat?!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 9, 2013, 3:46:49 AM
T41 wrote:
I had pancakes this morning (I overcooked them smiley: frown) but those are just flour. I normally have either wheat or white w/sesame for my sandwiches.

Is that the latest riddle for the thread? Hmm...This one might take me a bit to figure out... smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 9, 2013, 4:55:16 AM
T41 wrote:

If you're just going for diversity instead of quantity, you can easily take the mini roll variant. smiley: stickouttongue

http://autoimg.kochbar.de/kbrezept/263007_170662/400x266/mini-broetchen.jpg
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 1, 2013, 12:25:19 PM
FinalStrigon wrote:
Is that the latest riddle for the thread? Hmm...This one might take me a bit to figure out... smiley: stickouttongue

It appears everyone has been scared away by my rambling smiley: stickouttongue

So what do you own but others use it more than you do
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 1, 2013, 7:19:49 PM
A name. If you used your own name more often than others, that would be plain weird or Gollum.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Sep 1, 2013, 8:13:29 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
A name. If you used your own name more often than others, that would be plain weird or Gollum.

Yes, and I am watching The Two Towers right now, how did you know lol
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment