Endless universe city-builder

I'd totally buy it!
I'm not so interested in city-builders
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 5, 2014, 7:17:12 PM
I love city builder games. It would be perfect to have one from Amplitude, so I would buy it for sure.

I look forward to that!
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 5, 2014, 5:29:42 PM
The first city to host the many races of the universe alltogether.

_ choose your governor

_ get some heroes acting as champions for your city

_ FIDS is power

_ discover new races/factions and decide which of them will be part of your city (each one adding con and bonus to your city)

hell yes. smiley: upkeep
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 5, 2014, 3:52:37 PM
Definitly would play an Endless version of Startopia. Though I would not stop playing Startopia for it smiley: wink
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 4, 2014, 5:50:43 PM
I love simulation games and city builder games, so I would be all for this! In addition to that, I am totally blown away by this game company, which I plan on making a thread about in a short bit!
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 4, 2014, 10:04:37 AM
As long as it's tough as nails and all of my citizens constantly die from hunger

That's a requirement for me to consider it a true city building game.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 2, 2014, 9:21:44 AM
TBH I play Endless space the following way: make your people happy, earn dust, let them grow, make peace with every body, enjoy the game, get over run by everybody's armies. I would totally love a city builder game. Somehow they are, what I love to play the most, even if there is none out there, that is played the way I would love it.

Maybe as I got older I got too casual and peaceful in games...
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 29, 2014, 12:20:35 AM
While I'm not that into city builders, I feel like Amplitude could make a really interesting one. I'd rather see a different genre though.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 27, 2014, 5:34:35 PM
Alex83 wrote:
Guys you have Endless Space, depelop it PLEASE ))

Yes please, the game needs some more attention.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 24, 2014, 4:41:15 AM
Alex83 wrote:
Guys you have Endless Space, depelop it PLEASE ))

I'm sure the two aren't mutually exclusive. lol Amplitude completed the Disharmony expansion while simultaneously putting DotE into Early Access release and working on EL.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 23, 2014, 9:36:30 PM
Hell yea. I love city builders. One with Amplitude's art style, UI design, soundtracks, and some awesome lore? Yes please.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 7, 2014, 3:21:07 AM
If the devs were to make a city-builder set in the Endless universe--either on Auriga in the Endless Legend fantasy setting, or on a random planet in the Endless Space sci-fi setting--would you buy it?
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 13, 2014, 7:40:07 AM
Hell i'd buy a ES/EL first person shooter if they made it!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 13, 2014, 12:29:27 AM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Does anyone remember StarTopia?

SQUEEEEEEEEEE! SOMEONE ELSE KNOWS ABOUT STARTOPIA! smiley: yell smiley: redface

God I love that game - Still play it on occasion.

I could spend hours terraforming the eco deck at the top to make nice areas for everyone aboard - and ensuring the right plants were grown for my factories and shops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9JrRTC7C2A

And the narration - Spot on. Always just enough of that dry humor.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 12, 2014, 8:25:17 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Does anyone remember StarTopia? With all the different races being best for different jobs in your space-station? That'd be my favourite "city" (even in an orbit)-building scenario for ES. Some Harmony going outside for asteroid-mining, some vaulters doing public teleportation, some sophons doing science for new buildings... Pilgrims could go on excavation missions and provide religious services, imperials can work in manufactures and other industry facilities to provide money, while the Sheredyn are the station security. Okay, one could also use some cravers for that. Or to hire them as mercenary forces against hostile co-owners of the same space station? Automatons may repair damaged facilities or cultivate gardens. Amoeba cultivate little lakes and care for the psychological peace of the station-dwellers. Horatio perform medical interventions and clone useful personnel.

And you play the virtual Endless controlling the station and desperately needing people to inhabit it, so it doesn't fall apart (and he with it). smiley: stickouttongue

Sounds like a fun time =)
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 12, 2014, 7:33:15 PM
Does anyone remember StarTopia? With all the different races being best for different jobs in your space-station? That'd be my favourite "city" (even in an orbit)-building scenario for ES. Some Harmony going outside for asteroid-mining, some vaulters doing public teleportation, some sophons doing science for new buildings... Pilgrims could go on excavation missions and provide religious services, imperials can work in manufactures and other industry facilities to provide money, while the Sheredyn are the station security. Okay, one could also use some cravers for that. Or to hire them as mercenary forces against hostile co-owners of the same space station? Automatons may repair damaged facilities or cultivate gardens. Amoeba cultivate little lakes and care for the psychological peace of the station-dwellers. Horatio perform medical interventions and clone useful personnel.

And you play the virtual Endless controlling the station and desperately needing people to inhabit it, so it doesn't fall apart (and he with it). smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 11, 2014, 4:21:28 AM
Mansen wrote:
Caesar at least got a "sequel" past the Pharaoh/Zeus/Emperor/Caesar III era. In full 3D at that - Pharaoh did also get one (in theory at least), but it wasn't as loyal to the old design.

True, although I found Caesar IV troublesome to play. The maps were much too confining.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 10, 2014, 1:07:48 PM
It is funny how there is not yet a vote for I am not going to buy a city builder game by Amplitude.

It seems we will buy any game made by amplitudesmiley: wink

You are awesome Amplitude and all the games you put out are equally awesomesmiley: amplitude
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 10, 2014, 9:55:18 AM
Varadhon wrote:
I really miss this series. I remember playing Impressions' first city-builder, the original "Caesar."

Caesar at least got a "sequel" past the Pharaoh/Zeus/Emperor/Caesar III era. In full 3D at that - Pharaoh did also get one (in theory at least), but it wasn't as loyal to the old design.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 9, 2014, 7:48:41 PM
Mansen wrote:
I love city builders and tycoon games. As a genre they have become quite stale these past years - Not a lot of new games coming out.

I still boot up the "City builder series" now and again to play some Pharaoh or Emperor - Or Railroad Tycoon if I want to do some industrialization. Heck even a bit of Victoria 2 if I'm in the mood to push an un-westernized country kicking and screaming into the age of steam and factories. lol

I really miss this series. I remember playing Impressions' first city-builder, the original "Caesar."
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 7, 2014, 1:38:04 PM
I also love city Builder games and sandbox games where every thing is destructable like Minecraft, Terraria and Starbound and if I hear a game based in the endless universe with City building or sandbox genre is in development I will watch it every step of the way smiley: wink
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 7, 2014, 8:04:42 AM
I love city builders and tycoon games. As a genre they have become quite stale these past years - Not a lot of new games coming out.

I still boot up the "City builder series" now and again to play some Pharaoh or Emperor - Or Railroad Tycoon if I want to do some industrialization. Heck even a bit of Victoria 2 if I'm in the mood to push an un-westernized country kicking and screaming into the age of steam and factories. lol
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment