Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

What is your favorite alien race or faction.

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jan 1, 2014, 12:24:07 PM
I would go with the Mysterons from Captain Scarlet. My other choice would be the Borg

DarkMeph
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 22, 2014, 11:28:28 AM
That's a tough one.

I won't pick my fav alien from books because I'd probably go for someone out of my own book. It's hard being biased smiley: sweat

Though I guess I've always liked the Shrike. Horrifying but occasionally cute/hilarious

http://seeker65.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/hyperiondorec.jpg

BEFORE ANYONE POINTS OUT THAT HE'S A ROBOT - We don't know that for sure, do we? Besides, intelligent artificial life forms also count as aliens imo.

In movies it gets even tougher since I'm having some difficulties remembering all the aliens I've seen in those :3 But either way, I don't think I have a clear winner in this category. No alien immediately jumps to my mind when I think "aliens in movies". We need more sci-fi movies with aliens!

In games... yeah, I'm sorry, that's a tie between Protoss and Zerg for me. Ever since my childhood they were my fav aliens in video games and I don't think that changed. Even nowadays I often catch myself comparing new alien races to these two.

Also, honorable mention to a great alien that appeared in books, movies and games:

0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 17, 2014, 11:12:48 PM
My favorite aliens are out of Ender's game "the Book" and I highly recommend that book cause it is way better than the movie smiley: wink
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 5, 2014, 5:12:10 PM
DarkMeph wrote:
I would go with the Mysterons from Captain Scarlet. My other choice would be the Borg

DarkMeph

i also like Mysterons from Captain Scarlet

same thoughts.. brofist!!!
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 20, 2014, 3:26:41 AM
I like the Chiss from Star Wars (yes, Sovereign, Star Wars:twistsmiley: smile Vulcans, or Klingons.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 15, 2014, 9:46:04 AM
When it comes to aliens I have always been fond of the Spathi. They were hillarious.

I also liked the Zoq, the Fot and the Pik and their obsession with frungy the sport of the kings.

Other than that I like Groulien Salt Hogs and fully support the Groulien Worker Party. They just keep their head down and try to get their work done.

The Shinari are different from the above. "The usual business" ...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 15, 2014, 7:01:33 AM
Adventurer_Blitz wrote:
i think sovereign's legion is a pretty good, original idea of aliens if that counts of course.

I was like http://citythatbreeds.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Happy-Seal.jpg

Thank you so much for your kind words that counts alot to me.

And is motivating me , so stay tuned if there is someday(Iam sure there will be) a race Contest for Endless Legend as it was for Automatons in ES.

I will add new Chapters to their Story and send them into the race ; )

For People dont know what we are talking about^^

The Legion was a race i invented and wrote a lore about last year just to be prepared if someday a new race contest happens and of course it was a hell of fun.

Here btw thats the Link: /#/endless-space/forum/38-creations/thread/16470-the-legion-development
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 15, 2014, 12:31:44 AM
i think sovereign's legion is a pretty good, original idea of aliens if that counts of course.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 14, 2014, 6:13:29 PM
Sovereign wrote:
How can u even dare -.-
just say'n.. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 14, 2014, 1:40:56 PM
bates wrote:
Can i say star wars here ?? :P

How can u even dare -.-
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 2, 2014, 1:16:43 PM
Ascendancy races. It's a game from the mid 90's, and I absolutely love what they did in that game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Nov 29, 2012, 5:58:39 PM
Obviously we all like Endless Space, there are also other aliens out there. I just want to see what everyones favorite aliens are and why, and they can be from any form of media from any time period: Books, Games, Movies, Comics, or even your own personal creation you have been keeping in that footlocker under your bed.

My favorites are a tie between the Forunners from the Halo games and the Daleks from Docter Who(An American that watches Docter Who? AMAZING(My foreign freinds typical reaction)).

Devs give me yours too. smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 30, 2013, 4:25:37 AM
The Scramblers of Blindsight by Peter Watts (the entire text of which he has made available for free on his site).

They're intelligent but not sentient. They can communicate with the intent of tricking us but they don't comprehend anything because they're not aware. They react to our broadcasts about matters conscious beings care about as meaningless noise and thus an attack meant to disrupt their communications networks.

Runners up:

• John Carpenter's Thing
  • Star Trek's Q
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 15, 2013, 12:10:01 AM
HumanSpacer wrote:
And well, this thread is old!

When he had said this, he shouted in a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!” The one who had died came out, his feet and hands tied up with strips of cloth, and a cloth wrapped around his face. Jesus said to them, “Unwrap him and let him go.”

The Bible

(John 11:38-44)

Now were the Thread got necromanced anyways.

Reapers end of story

Sovereigns favourite race are Reapers...who would have guesed that smiley: sweat

ohoh wait actually Geth(Orthodox) are more deeper in their lore i like them the most

their heritage and their personalty are just perfect.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 15, 2013, 12:01:04 AM
Like Mr.Spartan, my favourite alien race are the Forerunner from the Halo franchise, I simply love their architecture, ship designs, and stile. But one of the main things that makes me love them is their highly advanced technology.

InFlamesWeTrust wrote:
Actually I've changed my mind, on the basis of recent events Women are now my favourite alien race.

I have to agree with you on this one!

And well, this thread is old!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment