Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Anybody els suddenly feel they have to watch Sci fi series?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 8:56:59 PM
BiggRigg wrote:
I'm currently watching it for the first time and I would definitely recommend it. I just finished season one (and I guess the 3 hour intro/mini-series thing) and I'm absolutely hooked. Definitely worth it if you are in the market for a space drama.

Guess I know what I will be watching next then, thanks smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 29, 2012, 12:10:08 AM
I know it's been said a few times now... but it's worth repeating :P

Firefly

Stargate SG-1/Atlantis (don't talk to me about Universe, THAT NEVER HAPPENED, ok?)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 28, 2012, 8:00:50 PM
Made me want to watch 2001: A Space Odyssey, and 2010: The Year we Make Contact.

Also made me get back into Stargate (SG1 and Atlantis), Doctor Who (David Tennant) and Fringe.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 26, 2012, 7:38:55 AM
I'm in the middle of watching all of Deep Space Nine, which IMO is the best Star Trek series. I love the mix of intergalactic intrigue, space battles, character development, and humor.

And here's some other stuff I want to recommend.

Farscape, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate SG-1.

(mournful sigh)

The early to mid 2000's were great for Sci-Fi shows. Does anyone know of any running now that are any good?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 23, 2012, 9:48:09 PM
Just saw that Farscape was suggested in my Netflix queue, and I've heard it was something of a sci-fi nerd cult classic. Heard the same about Babylon 5. Can anybody back up those claims?

I'm an old Firefly, SG-1 + SGA + SGU, Doctor Who, Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica (both series) fan.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 11:56:37 PM
touny wrote:
My kind-of guilty pleasure, Andromeda.

Bit of a "and the cheese stands alone" thing, but for some reason, I love the series.

Hah found one other person who liked that series at least the first few seasons (when Tyr became a bad guy it started to suck) then when I started rewatching Star Trek all I could think was that it would have been so much better as Star Trek the next next generation (Common Wealth=Federation, Niezcheans=Klingon, Magog=Borg)

As for BSG The last two seasons had some of my favorite space battles of all time and the finial was mind blowing. As for Caprica yeah it kinda sucked but I felt it was canceled right when it was getting good the first episode where I was like "Wow, what's next." was followed by this show has been canceled smiley: frown
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 22, 2012, 7:41:08 PM
I watch any Star Trek whenever I get the chance, and I love Firefly and Stargate. Also I heard someone mention Dune?
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 20, 2012, 7:34:00 PM
Monarch wrote:
All this talk of Dust *cough* Spice *cough* has gotten me reading Dune again :P

Actually, it got me to thinking I had to clean out my kitchen cabinets. smiley: stickouttongue "Verminantly" is my new favorite word now!
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 20, 2012, 3:15:44 PM
Hey nobody mentioned The Doctor Who !

It's not a sci-fi with space battle and spaceships but it's really cool.

David Tennant as the doctor is awesome !
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 20, 2012, 1:36:52 PM
My kind-of guilty pleasure, Andromeda.

Bit of a "and the cheese stands alone" thing, but for some reason, I love the series.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 19, 2012, 9:39:49 PM
Finished TNG yesterday and Started watching DS9 today.

Im looking all in an loop. ST (Enterprise,TOS,TNG,DS9,Voyager),Stargate(SG1, Atlantis, Universe),

BSG(BSG, Caprica,Blood and Crome-soon),Babylon5, Firefly...

Sci-Fi is the best genre. I would change it with nothing.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 10:10:44 PM
The beginning of the battles have a certain flare of SG.1 actually, the sound remembers me of the hyperspace jump - every time I start a battle I'm half expecting to see Oneil somewhere making some comment. And then when you use beams looks like there should be an Hat'ak somewhere.

The guns are BSG all over the place smiley: cool
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 10:15:02 PM
So I was in the middle of watching The original series, not my favorite, but I have to watch it first so I can get to the good TNG/DS9 series.

The problem with TOS is there aren't any space battles, so I had to put on Battlestar Galactica, a series I hate verminantly , I've watched the first two seasons before, but could not stomach going to the 3rd season, it got sooooo boring. so now I just watch it for the space battles, but even they are kinda boring. So I have 3 options. Quickly be done with TOS and TNG so I can get the space battles of DS9, but I don't want that, as I like to take my time with my series and enjoy them.

The second option is to start on Babylon 5, it's just a few months since I watched it last time, but this game gives me huge B5 vibes.

The third is to bite the bullet and continue to watch BSG, and buy the last two seasons.

Anbybody els suddnely got the hunger for sci fi serieses?
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 8:41:33 PM
x239marine wrote:
I haven't watched the new BSG, but on the strengths of whats been said here, i may have to

I'm currently watching it for the first time and I would definitely recommend it. I just finished season one (and I guess the 3 hour intro/mini-series thing) and I'm absolutely hooked. Definitely worth it if you are in the market for a space drama.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 2:40:26 PM
jetkar wrote:
I loved the new Battlestar Galactica series! The producers took a different approach from the original series

I haven't watched the new BSG, but on the strengths of whats been said here, i may have to
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 2:39:05 PM
I loved the new Battlestar Galactica series! The producers took a different approach from the original series
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 2:36:26 PM
Stargate is fantastic

I did watch star wars last night, and all the while I kept wanting to play tactics cards
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 1:37:14 PM
ArrowLance wrote:
The only sci-fi series I've ever been really into would be Stargate.

StarGate SG1 Happens to be my all time favorite series, and I'm not just talking about sci fi, of all the series I have on dvd(and there are many) my SG1 box is the most important. I watch the series atleast once a year.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 7:02:44 AM
I really need to sit and watch Firefly and Serenity. Seeing Cabin in the Woods AND The Avengers (both absolutely phenomenal by the way) in theaters back to back has gotten me into a Joss Whedon mood lately

Just started browsing some random episodes of TNG on a whim recently as well, guess there was more to this Endless Space addiction than I thought
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 3:37:03 AM
I started watched Firefly again, god damned I wish it kept going smiley: frown Mal!

Sophos and their ships remind me of the Asgard from Stargate, although latley when I fly Carver and UE ships I have the biggest urge to watch Farscape, when playing Mr Clones a lot I want to watch Lexx.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 2:15:39 AM
All this talk of Firefly has made me start watching it from the beginning again- such a good series, even if there is only one.

One of my favourite films of all time has to be Wall-E, nevermind that there's no space battles or that it's animated it's just brilliant! Plus, the ships from Wall-E remind me a lot of the Sophos which is pretty badass in and of itself
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 11:23:45 PM
Monarch wrote:

The dust must flow..
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 11:22:30 PM
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 8, 2012, 10:28:15 PM
Ah.. Babylon5, classic!, great show, everything was perfect except the last season.

I haven't seen BSG a second time, doubt it would survive it.. But it was great show when seeing it for the first time.

Ill just list up some scifi shows that i enjoyed.

- Firefly (cowboys in space, awesome!)

- Farscape (Muppets in space, awesome!)

- Lexx (sex slave, janitor and a undead guy in the most destructive ship in the galaxy, awesome!)
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment