logo amplifiers simplified

Let's Get To Know Each Other Better!

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Aug 13, 2016, 8:13:42 PM

Eh, why not...

1. Memphis Tn, in the U S of A

2. going on 20

3. I am what is known as a proffesional box stacker, aka a night stocker at the local grocery. I also dabble heavily in the astrosciences

4. I play trading card games like magic the gathering. I also like to kayak.

5. Orchestral and ambient.

6. I have three dogs and so many relatives I can't even remember them all.

New Q: Native English speaker (Damn my southern accent). I also know a bit of German from high school.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 18, 2016, 9:05:36 PM

Hello all!

1. From Texas, but have moved around Europe quite a bit

2. 24, nearly 25

3. I'm a student going on BA in English, and then plan on MA/PhD in History (Ancient Civs)

4. I enjoy going out with friends' and researching/making art

5. Fond of alternative and indie/folk, but also enjoy a bit of hardstyle 

6. I have two cats, both girls

New Q: English, but know a fair amount of Spanish and can understand a good portion of French/German

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 19, 2016, 10:12:39 PM

Okey dokey. Here I go:

1. Where you live :

Worcester, Worcestershire, United Kingdom

2. How old you are :

I'm almost 25.

3. What you do for a living :

I'm a HR  Manager for Nibiru Projects LTD.

4. What you do outside of gaming for fun: 

Hiking, Cycling, Reading, Gardening, etc.

5. What's your favourite genre of music :

I don't really have one, but I'm quite partial to Classical music and  Blues.

6. About your family or pets :

Got two dogs, both rescues. 

My parents live in South Africa, while my brother is studying in Germany. Luckily I have a lot of amazing friends that love me to bits so I never really feel lonely. :D

7. What is your native language? 

Romanian, but I'm also fluent in Spanish and German.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 22, 2016, 7:57:58 AM

1. I live in Germany - Mainz (that is close to Frankfurt Main)

2. Marty McFly arrived in the future on my 30st birthday in Back to the Future 2. Go figure it out. It's a great movie.

3. IT systems don't work on their own :)

4. I'm currently making a game (you can do that as a hobby). Besides that visiting friends all over Germany and sometimes europe. I go hiking and I help organizing events.

5. I listen to a lot of stuff. No pop music. From HipHop over breakcore to (punk) cabaret.

6. I live with three friends in a house. We have a cat. I have an Avocado tree.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 24, 2016, 10:04:18 AM

1. Planet Earth

2. 2016 minus *The Year I was born*

3. Bless my parents for paying for my education and well being.

4. A lot of things my friend.

5. Friends say I'm tunedeaf.

New Q: Myanmar

0Send private message
8 years ago
Aug 24, 2016, 10:06:00 AM
monkeynaut wrote:

2. Marty McFly arrived in the future on my 30st birthday in Back to the Future 2. Go figure it out. It's a great movie.

4. I'm currently making a game (you can do that as a hobby). Besides that visiting friends all over Germany and sometimes europe. I go hiking and I help organizing events.

5. I listen to a lot of stuff. No pop music. From HipHop over breakcore to (punk) cabaret.

A avocado tree eh? Do you have any more plants that require "special" care?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 2, 2016, 7:33:32 PM

Okay let's play the game too

1. Where you live 
I come from Sarthe in France, actually living in the city of Angers.

2. How old you are 

I'm actually 21 years old !

3. What you do for a living 

I will enter my last year of engineering school learning programming and networking.

4. What you do outside of gaming for fun 

I love music, i play guitar and bass for more than 6 years.

I love history adn everything that is related to it. Falling in love with the asian and english history. (three kingdom wars, war of the roses, sengoku jidai and meiji restauration are history evenement i find so interesting )

I was also very active in the e-sport community of Angers, being vice-president of the Anjougame association for 1 year.

5. What's your favorite genre of music 

I liste to everything in music, and it depend more of my humour. The genre i listen the more are drum&bass for the electro, happy hardcore for the techno, nu metal/hardcore/punk hardcore for the metal, and the romantic music for the classical music

6. About your family or pets 
I never had the chance to have a pet, but i love big dogs (like bernese moutain, newfoundland or st-bernard dog )

New Q: What is your native language? 

My native language is french but i speak quite fluently english and self-learning japanese for 1 year now.

I'm starting to explore a little this forum, even if i've been following amplitude and playing their game for a long time now but :

sur ce dernier petit point de détail : どうぞよろしく

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 4, 2016, 10:03:53 AM

1. Where you live

Germany, Neuss 

2. How old you are

nothing, im a student (11th grade)

there is an "outside of gaming"?

well.....

gaming with friends

playing keyboard

and school-stuff

classic and orchestral

one brother, one sister, both anoying

moter, father

the cutest dog in the world

the usual stuff

Native language

Sindarin

Ehh GERMAN I mean german... Im not an elv.. absolutely not...

because there is no such thing as elvs..

Now you have learnd something about me... lucky you :)

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 5, 2016, 10:05:11 PM

why not

1. Utah

2. 21

3. work in a Cafe and bakery

4. Paint, draw, read, TV

5. Soundtracks (especially Endless legend)

6. family of 4 kids, im the oldest. then is my brother, and two sisters. Have a dog and cat.

7. English lol although trying to learn Italian

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 6, 2016, 1:46:41 PM

Welcome to all the newcomers!

Hope you'll enjoy your stay. If you have any question, ask away. :)

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 9, 2016, 12:38:44 PM

Let's go then ;)

1. Where you liv0e :  France, Paris.

2. How old you are : 24

3. What you do for a living : Teaching boring stuff to unwilling student (and loving it)

4. What you do outside of gaming for fun : Well, lots of stuff such as watching movies, reading, sports, drinking ... all sort of things that a normal being do, i suppose ...

5. What's your favorite genre of music : Can i say all ? Mmmh, these days i'm into Stoner/Doom, Folk - Joni Mitchell- rediscovering Brassens (French singer), 8 bits sound (Spectra by Chipzel),  Blues and Jazz  (Allen Toussaint), electro-soul with Kognitif bla bla bla ... 

6. About your family or pets : Two sisters and a dog.

New Q: What is your native language? : French.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 12, 2016, 3:32:45 PM
Frogsquadron wrote:

Welcome to all the newcomers!

Hope you'll enjoy your stay. If you have any question, ask away. :)

Do you know spiders blow up when they explode?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 13, 2016, 12:38:51 PM
Zennock wrote:
monkeynaut wrote:

Actually it doesn't. Just feed it some water and provide ground and daylight. Don't expect any fruits. But it grows some nice leafs.

The answer is no. Only one avocado tree. One of my house mates however went crazy on growing anything. The whole place is full of green stuff.

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 13, 2016, 1:45:15 PM
monkeynaut wrote:
Zennock wrote:
monkeynaut wrote:

Actually it doesn't. Just feed it some water and provide ground and daylight. Don't expect any fruits. But it grows some nice leafs.

The answer is no. Only one avocado tree. One of my house mates however went crazy on growing anything. The whole place is full of green stuff.

Interesting. Maybe it's because I live in a "tropical" country but as far as I know, avocado trees in Myanmar are somewhat hard to grow. Same goes with other fruit-bearing trees such as apples. 

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 13, 2016, 2:12:44 PM

My turn I guess!

1. Where you live :  London, UK

2. How old you are : 32

3. What you do for a living : I'm an IT consultant (and that probably doesn't tell you much :D)

4. What you do outside of gaming for fun : I enjoy reading a good book, going to the gym, playing with my daughters and watching movies!

5. What's your favorite genre of music : Post-rock is probably my favorite genre,  but I also like jazz, ambient, rock, etc. I don't listen to radio much so don't know much about mainstream stuff and current hits!

6. About your family or pets : I'm happily married and proud father of two daugthers, the youngest one being 2 weeks old! That doesn't leave me much time to play games :/

New Q: What is your native language? : French!

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 13, 2016, 5:57:36 PM
FabienFMR wrote:
3. What you do for a living : I'm an IT consultant (and that probably doesn't tell you much :D)

It does to me ;) I'm one of those regularly consulted by you guys. Would you mind if I asked what field you are in?

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 22, 2016, 4:09:57 PM

Hi there all,  

Great to see this game has such a diverse fanbase. Maybe it's because of the SF aspect? I've noticed SF attracts all kinds of people. 

1. Where you live 

Melbourne, Australia. Born and raised.

2. How old are you 

3. What you do for a living?

Drive a forklift. I hate it. 

4. What you do outside of gaming for fun?

Read a lot of speculative fiction (SF/Fantasy/Horror) and some literary authors too (Hunter s Thompson, Charles Bukowski, etc). Love movies, TV and history too.

Mainly Australian psychedelic-y rock - Tame Impala, Pond, The Silents, Dan Kelly, Cloud Control - but also love the Flaming Lips, Hawkwind and Pink Floyd. And film scores - Terminator anyone? Das Boot? Jurassic Park?

Got a brother and sister. No pets :( 

New Q: What is your native language? 

English. Wish I knew another but theres no real emphasis on learning one in Australia. So isolated. 

New Q2: What is your favourite video game of all time? 

Pffffft, probably Endless Space or Mount and Blade Warband. But maybe Heroes of Might and Magic 3 or a Nintendo game like Super Smash Bros or Donkey Kong Country 2... Tough one.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 22, 2016, 8:44:38 PM
monkeynaut wrote:
FabienFMR wrote:

It does to me ;) I'm one of those regularly consulted by you guys. Would you mind if I asked what field you are in?

Oops sorry I just saw your message! So I currently work for a bank, building tools, frameworks and components to allow what they call "digitalizing" the bank. Basically providing services to other parts of the bank who want to do web development (we're just talking HTML/Javascript/CSS here from my side, but our offer has the whole package of cloud hosting, microservices, etc.).

Hope that helps!

0Send private message
8 years ago
Sep 24, 2016, 2:56:47 AM

You might see me popping up on threads now.  I picked up EL on the last steam sale and devoured it.  Everything I love about Civilization with RPG elements.  I'd love to play multiplayer, but with family demands, I'm consigned to abuse the AI.

1. Where you live 

Utah, USA

2. How old you are 

32? (I had to look at a calendar and do math to remember)

I'm a software tester with a Computer Science background.

Running, camping, and playing piano.

Classic Rock and Classical (odd mix, but that's me).

Got a lovely wife, 2 kids (6 and 2), and a largish dog.

New Q: What is your native language? English

New Q2: What is your favourite video game of all time? 

From my childhood, probably Zelda, A Link to the Past.  Most recently, Endless Legend, of course.  I'm also a Baldur's Gate and Civilization fan.

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment