Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Feedbacks

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Dec 16, 2013, 4:43:35 PM
Hello Amplitude!,

Ejoyed the game but I'm frustratingly stuck on Level 2 (if I make it to Level 2). Could you implement difficulty settings? also the ability to re-map controls would be nice. Looking forward to updates, and maybe one day, beating level 2. smiley: smile
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 16, 2013, 6:07:49 PM
T41 wrote:
I really like it so far and look forward to the new content. My only gripe right now is the characters. I don't feel all that sad when a hero dies. I hope you'll add some more character developement and more stuff that will make me more attached to them smiley: biggrin

I doubt you wouldn't get attached to a particular character down the line when the game can go beyond 3 floors and you have spent a far amount of time building them up, once characters become more "characterized" then yes... I will shed much more tears for their demise.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 16, 2013, 11:22:09 PM
I totally agree with Digit.... (etc ^^). Furthermore, if you read the Steam description of the future of this game, you can see that heroes will have "psychoses" and will be separate under two types : prisoners and guardians at least I hope so much that will be implemanted in the final game.

Also, I didn't read those when I post here and few things make me feel more eagger of the final release and make me relativized about some "bad points" in my first post (espacialy about the difficulty).

When I read "hidden target for the characters", I read "quests" and for me, a big RPG player, quests means "Boss". And that a wonderful answer about the weakness of the difficulty.

When I read "Guards and prisoners", I read "managment between heroes identity", that would means more strategy \o/.

"Endless remnants" means more background....

Definitivly, if the final game keep all those promises, it will be so fun and complete smiley: smile.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 17, 2013, 12:41:37 AM
Mormegil, you're a genius! Of course. Bosses! Obviously the range of creeps is currently limited (those who attack people, those who attack buildings, those who attack powerups, and those who rush for the crystals). But a Big Freaky Giant Monster of Evilness would be nice (the sort that can only be compared with bulldozer; maybe it could also change the room dynamics by creating new links between rooms that weren't connected, making it an immediate threat that would by-pass some of your defenses?).
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 17, 2013, 2:28:01 AM
Well, I actually beat level 2, then went on to conquer Level 3. Level 2 was laughably simple this time. To start I did a massive search in the wrong direction, then got every one back to the crystal and decided to open the other door.. . There was the exit. muhuhahahaha easy getaway. I bet if I had to do a big search in that direction I would have failed. Level 3 took some planning and again I initially went in the wrong direction, but we persevered. 00:39:53 798pts.

The game is still hard as $%@, and I feel like my win was more a matter of luck. If the game is going to be longer than 3 levels how much harder is it going to get? or will it be more gradual than the curve this 3 level alpha has? I would like to see some info tracking, or readout when you fail or finish a game. Enemies of each kind killed, Hero and their level at which they perished. Like Binding of Isaac or Rouge Legacy, they give you lost of information to remind you the hell you just went through.

also an idea I had was to lock the heal button, so that it can't be pressed after the remaining enemies have been whipped clear. Your health is going to replenish itself now anyway so why penalize the player for hitting it on accident. Food wasted.

I enjoy this alpha a lot, even tho I beat it, I still want to play more of it.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 17, 2013, 6:10:53 AM
sarconic wrote:
There is currently an exploit where you can earn infinite dust on any level fairly easily.

1. Take over as many rooms as you have dust for.

2. Set up a "kill room" where you can concentrate all of the heroes (minus one for step 4) along with some strong weapon/healing/buff modules.

3. De-power a room next to your kill room.

4. Have a hero pick up the crystal, thus spawning easily defeated infinite waves from one room only.

5. Infinite dust.

Wow! It's a big flaw you found.

I did a video to show that in action :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX_pmP5H9jM&list=PL9wqHzzMQM-lyOdxdsfWIbOImVOXcTpRS

I quoted your message for the explanation and credited you. I hope you don't mind?

Good thing you discovered that so early. Now Amplitude can fix that. : )
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 17, 2013, 11:14:56 AM
sarconic wrote:
Hello Amplitude!

Love the game. I only have one suggestion at the moment. There is currently an exploit where you can earn infinite dust on any level fairly easily.

1. Take over as many rooms as you have dust for.

2. Set up a "kill room" where you can concentrate all of the heroes (minus one for step 4) along with some strong weapon/healing/buff modules.

3. De-power a room next to your kill room.

4. Have a hero pick up the crystal, thus spawning easily defeated infinite waves from one room only.

5. Infinite dust.

Good point. I think there must be prerequisition for extracting Crystal: room with new place for Crystal must be already revealed. Usually it happens in the late-game, so you won't be able to set up just one "kill room".
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 17, 2013, 12:34:33 PM
Yes or make impossible to replace the crystal in its socket will solve this "problem" to.

theFlyingCamel wrote:
Mormegil, you're a genius!

I am Mormegil and I approve this message. ^^
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 17, 2013, 3:42:15 PM
Mormegil wrote:
Yes or make impossible to replace the crystal in its socket will solve this "problem" to.

Totally agreed on this one ! It makes no sense to replace it ...
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 17, 2013, 4:30:51 PM
I think all I could really ask for is a longer game. I hope the final version will have as many levels as I can last through, because I think that would be awesome! I'm really looking forward to seeing more options for the game as well, with all of the potential upgrades that show as waiting to be implemented into the full game. I eagerly await updates though.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 18, 2013, 12:29:30 AM
Tiphereth wrote:
Wow! It's a big flaw you found.

I did a video to show that in action :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX_pmP5H9jM&list=PL9wqHzzMQM-lyOdxdsfWIbOImVOXcTpRS

I quoted your message for the explanation and credited you. I hope you don't mind?

Good thing you discovered that so early. Now Amplitude can fix that. : )

Hey! Awesome vid. Don't mind at all. :-) (Also, your english is awesome)

I agree with Mormegil (genius) and Tanis, simply make it impossible to replace the crystal.

Kitel's idea is good too, but (and others have pointed this out) sometimes the exit is two rooms away.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment