Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Let's Play

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Dec 17, 2013, 11:39:26 PM
What screenrecorder do you use?

I personally use Bandicam as main tool, since you have the option to generate two .wav files (system audio + commentary) alongside the video.

Gives more control in general and especially when editing.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 27, 2014, 12:10:00 AM
I've done another one. Just for the guys on the Steam-Forums to see that it is not just luck if you beat the game but essentially can do it 2 times in a row if you know what you're doing.

0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 23, 2014, 2:12:35 PM
For those who do not want to watch the whole LP, I'd also summarize what I think are important points to my strategy:

While I agree that food is main priority, I want to at least have some Industry income before going for it. If you lose your food-generator and don't have enough industry to replace it, you might be in trouble.

I try to delay opening doors in rooms with major-module-slots if possible. I want the enemies to have only 1 attack-route for as long as it is possible.

I try to get a forward outpost with defense-modules but no major-modules as the big crystal-golems always smack the generators so fast, when they are there.

I avoid opening doors that close a circle way back into my dust-lit-area so monsters don't get an alternate attack-route to my sparesly defended back-area.

I try to explore one branch first before opening up others. This should drastically reduce the risk of having several monster-groups spawn in a way, that they all reach your defense-room at once.

Use heros to prevent critical rooms from spawing monsters. This can oftentimes save you much more than getting a measly +1 Food per door. I used this technique especially in level 3 of my LP.

Switch lighting configuration between door-opening and defending. (light rooms with modules when you open the doors, light rooms with defenses when fighting the monsters) Once again level 3 of my LP is a nice showcase of that.

And here's the exploity one: I try to memorize how many doors it takes before you can find the exit in a given level. Will it will not be always exactly the same, it is only a small margin by what this differs.

This allows for several things:

you can calculate if a new major module will pay for itself before the level ends (assuming it does not get destroyed)

you can save up doors close to the entry to open when that amount of doors opened comes in order to have an easier escape
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 23, 2014, 1:22:40 PM
Pretty good strategies, personally I usually start with a food generator, surround it with turrets, and each and every time I open a room return to this room with all my heroes. After the battle, leave one hero in the room (Normally a hero that can operate modules), and with each open door, keep gaining more food, level my characters, and rinse and repeat.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 23, 2014, 11:29:59 AM
Yeah, I'd like to see other 0.1.14 Let's plays aswell! So go and do make them! ^^
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 23, 2014, 12:30:50 AM
Cool let's plays man, it's always fun to watch other peoples experiences in game smiley: smile.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 22, 2014, 11:50:46 PM
Nice LP Ail, enjoyed the 1st and second parts alot. You actually taught me some new stuff i didn't know.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 22, 2014, 11:49:22 PM
And Part 3... Yes I didn't have anything else to do this evening. ^^

0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 22, 2014, 11:37:56 PM
I've never encountered that strange groundhogdayish bug again btw.

Here's the next part:

0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 22, 2014, 8:47:20 PM
hahaha I really enjoyed part three when you thought you finished. Your reaction made me smile brother
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 22, 2014, 8:40:49 PM
Decided to start a new playthrough with the 0.1.14 Patch:

0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 12, 2013, 1:30:36 AM
I started making a little Let's Play-series for the Alpha.

0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 15, 2013, 4:10:39 PM
Yeah, I have recorded a voiced play and I'm uploading it right now, I had problems with the music fighting for space with my voice when it picked up but Ill fix that for next time... first the processor assigns priories between software and game incorrectly then the music grapples with my voice... bloody typical.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 15, 2013, 3:10:26 PM
Part 3, weird part that made me create in the bug-reporting-forums smiley: ohh

0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 14, 2013, 9:24:01 PM
Ill see if i can upload some footage as well since got to play the game for the first time for about 3 hrs today - not my own copy however, and I didn't record my games. I might try to get a LP of DoTE up later on.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 14, 2013, 9:12:33 PM
Cool cause I've been wanting to start doing some Let's Plays and was looking for a good capture software
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 14, 2013, 6:57:29 PM
I use Bandicam. I know that the quality of my videos is not as high as those of others but the software's not to blame. My ISP only allows a relatively slow upload so I tried finding a good compromise between filesize and quality. This is some 50%ish quality at 720p, which I think looks okay and it's about 100 Megs per 10 minutes.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment