Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Did the game just get harder with the last update?

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
May 25, 2014, 4:24:57 PM
"biggest problem - not enough dust for illuminating rooms" + 1

i can't use the special major module (buff attack for heroes, buff defense for module etc) because it's already difficult to build each resources major module.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 20, 2014, 7:43:29 AM
There was a bug in some of the previous versions that switched the difficulty to "Too Easy" when loading a save.

Maybe that's why the game feels harder to you.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 21, 2014, 10:42:22 PM
I didn't experience major difficulty changes in the first 6 floors. But the new floors 7 and 8 are incredibly tough. Even with everything going really well, at floor 8 I'm definitely unable to handle it, to a degree where I don't even see any chance to be successfull even if I did things differently or had even more luck than I already had.

Even if things go really well (maxed heroes, good items, lots of stockpiled resources, good tech), the amount of mobs, combined with them punching through 400+ defence and dealing damage to everything in the room including modules, makes for a quick death no matter what you bring. I switched to the Dust Field Generator stacking after noticing the damage issue in late floor 7, but even then they punched through with ease.

If anyone has some pro tips for floor 8, I'm listening. If I go Dust field generator, red crystal crab kill the modules, then my heroes. If I don't go DFG, maxed out heroes die within seconds.

I'm all for difficult games, but there has to be a chance to beat it as long as I don't get too unlucky with the random generator. Up to floor 7, when I died I always had the feeling that I lost because I screwed up. Floor 8 simply roflstomps me without giving even the slightest chance.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 22, 2014, 7:48:49 AM
Guess I have to try again aswell. Haven't really finished a game since quite a while.

And considering your descriptions even trying won't be bringing me much closer to doing so.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 22, 2014, 9:44:25 AM
I found the 8th floor easier than 7 is lucky>. <
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 22, 2014, 10:38:18 PM
After the last update, i find less dust in the room and on my 20 games, i have always multiples dead-end:

I open 6 doors, no dust, dead-end, try another way from the cristal, and an another dead-end after 8 rooms without dust (or +3 max on a room)

I have the game since the begining and, yes, it was hard but i always finish the last level.

But with this update, i can't pass the 4th level (or the 5 max).

Did i just miss something?
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 22, 2014, 10:48:48 PM
i think yes its geting harder in the new version i lost heros all the time 2-3 in 1 playthru
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 24, 2014, 9:44:16 AM
Agreed with severed...before patch I have hard time with Easy, but could actually at least get to level 3-5...now level 2 is already killing most of my guys out...
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 24, 2014, 12:52:36 PM
now i have permanent death on level 3(easy mode). biggest problem - not enough dust for illuminating rooms and monsters start to press insane hard.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 20, 2014, 4:18:35 AM
So, I seem to be noticing that since I've been playing the .6 update DOTE seems to be significantly harder than it was before.

I'm noticing that on "Too Easy" I'm actually losing heroes if I'm not really careful, especially in levels 6/7/8. Before, I feel like I could breeze through "Too Easy" and only be in a bad situation very rarely. "Too Easy" was definitely well named before; now, I'm not so sure.

"Easy" seems to be much harder as well. Before I could beat it in perhaps 40-60% of games that I made it out of level 2 in (I tend to restart games if they don't give a pretty good start). In 10+ games in .6, I have yet to even make it out of level 4 successfully, much less make it to the end of the game. This difficulty has never been "Easy" for me, but it was doable. Now it seems almost impossible for me.

I'm wondering if this is just a string of bad luck and a quirk of my perception, or if other people are noticing this. Is this a problem, or is this what we want? Has the game changed to the point that I'm playing it wrong now? None of my existing strategies seems to be working well, where before they worked pretty consistently.

Thoughts?
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 26, 2014, 1:17:50 AM
glad to hear its not just me...about one in 5 games on easy I can get to level 4 and then get badly beaten.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 1, 2014, 11:36:05 AM
So, did the dev team balance the easy mode and dust ?

I don't play the game after the last maj because i can't win or pass the level 3/4.

Should i give up the game? :/
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 1, 2014, 6:10:50 PM
you haven't merchant on every level, and when i have juste two or three room lighted i don't have place for this module (especially if the first three room you discovered haven't major module slot. It happens frequently)
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 2, 2014, 12:57:06 AM
True, but it does make a big difference when you can manage it. Don't be afraid to demolish a generator to make room for the shop though. Having that shop up and running - particularly early in a level - can mean you will be able to stockpile enough resources to last several levels.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 2, 2014, 3:25:54 PM
Was finally able to win on easy. focused most on Food and a bit on Labor. Put my research into tear gas and claymores along with the defense generator. This seemed to let me dominate most groups of mobs. I also got lucky and ended with a nice assortment of heroes (all different weapons and 2 were combat focused and 2 were more operators). I was able to get one of the operators up to over 100DPS with ranged attack which was very helpful and had all of my guys with high defense by late in the game.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 13, 2014, 2:39:20 PM
Just got wiped on a Level 2 Easy. Had no trouble until a few door opens after finding the level exit. Then this incredible pile of tough damaging mobs spawned and I had no chance. Hadn't gotten even one thing researched by that point.

Think I read a dev saying that now harder mobs will start spawning after you find the level exit. This gives you the choice between exiting early and not maxing as much as possible on that level, or seeing if you can cope.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 14, 2014, 11:11:47 PM
On very Easy, it is basically impossible to keep opening doors after you find the exit. Even after the 0.7.10 hotfix.

Overall the game difficulty is much higher and opening doors after the exit is found is basically being avalanched by huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge mobs.

Right now, we have less choice. Before, we could seriously think about opening more doors after finding the exit. Right now, there is no choice, because it's certain death. So the player is forced to go up the next level with less resources & tech then it could.

Mob difficulty after finding the exit should be toned down hard.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment