Beaten Escape Pod on Easy
Beaten Armory Pod on Easy
Reached Level 24 in Drill Pod on Easy
Beaten Sanitary Pod on Easy
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 10:47:51 AM
If they create an achievement for it, I guarantee someone somewhere will find time to do it.

It takes about a day to do 24 levels. For a 1000 it's about 40 days full time (8 hours a day or so). Maybe a month if someone doesn't do anything but play / eat / sleep.

Won't be me for sure, the 24 levels alone were a marathon for me. :P
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 4, 2014, 11:26:29 AM
Rhino-guys open doors, if you don't kill them.

The big guys become stronger and stronger but they don't move. They deal Splash-Damage to your heros. If you let them grow to their biggest state they are very-powerfull.

Then there's these mages who also don't move sometimes. But they are easy to beat when alone, since they just debuff your heros but don't do damage themselves. You just have to find them.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 4, 2014, 12:27:01 PM
Haven't even made it into the first room outside of the crash vehicle.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 4, 2014, 8:37:44 PM
I just got my teeth properly into Dungeon of the Endless since its update yesterday, here is my first "Too Easy" victory after about 2 and a half hours of play. Right now I'm doing an Infirmary pod "Easy" run. In its release state I am finding it pretty awesome playing the game - and tomorrow I'll be getting a GeForce GTX 760. smiley: biggrin

0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 4, 2014, 10:15:59 PM
I just finished my third Too Easy run in the escape pod, I'm looking forward to the Armory but before that I want to unlock a few additional heroes and try them out.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 5:47:57 AM
I have almost 50+ hours on DotE now. smiley: smile

Beat it with all heroes (a bug didn't validate my Golgy win however), pod, infirmary, armory, library, and drill level 24 (achievement) at the end of the 24th just as I got the achievement the game crashed. So I don't know if you can continue after 24. It's really sad that the game doesn't auto save, after a crash there is no game to continue, and even the game settings get reset. It's a huge pain when it happens.

Next I almost won sanitary pod (extra hard, no pause) but power went out when i was at the end of level 9 and in a very good shape, big stockpile + found the heroes i wanted. Again lost all progress, since then I was too disgusted to play the game again.

Second odd thing, in over 50 hours, I found the first bonus hero (Josh), but never met the second one. I am starting to wonder if my game is bugged. I also almost always find the cook, Elise, and Troe multiple times in the same dungeon... Something is not right with the randomness of heroes inside the dungeon.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 10:11:03 AM
Drill Pod has 999 floors smiley: wink
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 10:14:11 AM
melkathi wrote:
Drill Pod has 999 floors smiley: wink

That crash was a blessing then, because I have other plans for the next 5 years of my life. smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 10:19:36 AM
We have a bet with Mysterarts, he says no one will ever make it that far :P
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 4, 2014, 1:59:00 AM
Sahoj wrote:
Tenth floor on easy, escape pod. Was getting near the end of the stage when it appeared all remaining doors opened by themselves and I got swarmed.

Do the big guys who cause alerts and lock down dark rooms do this if you ignore them?

The dark room thing is a bug. If you see what looks like a rhino hitting a door icon on a door alert, it means a rhino enemy is coming to knock down that door and spawn a new wave. Yes. That is exactly what happens. Either assassinate them, or prepare for the onslaught.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 11:59:23 AM
That is the reason why there is no achievement. We actually had that discussion smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 2:14:22 PM
melkathi wrote:
That is the reason why there is no achievement. We actually had that discussion smiley: smile

And thus, in the year of the lord two thousand and fourteen the challenge of the endless dungeon was accepted.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 8, 2014, 5:37:08 PM
Have voted !

I finished the Escape Pod on too easy at second attempt (after the official release but I have played all along the beta smiley: smile )

I am now trying to finish on easy but do not manage to (I just lost at floor 11 smiley: cry)

Having a lot of fun anyway !

I think I will probably try another pod in too easy now smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 8, 2014, 7:19:48 PM
Completed Escape pod on easy, atm trying to clear the drill achievement (or get as far as I can). Currently at 14, but it's getting pretty serious ... kamikaze and those mages with AoE are seriously geting hard to crack. After few next floors I will drop the idea of clearing whole levels, to many spawns lol.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 10, 2014, 2:20:40 PM
I now have roughly 35 hours logged on Steam. After I failed my 'too easy' Drill Pod game on floor 19 I had a motivational set-back and started fiddling around with other turrets. Unlocked all heroes while doing so and am currently getting two additional heroes through floors 8-12 in an Escape Pod run for that 'Champions' League' achievement. I will get back to that Drill Pod soon, although I picked up 'Endless Legend' and am starting to sink in more hours into it now. But still 'Dungeon of the Endless' will remain my favorite pass time during short breaks. smiley: wink
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 11, 2014, 6:16:14 AM
Haven't even beaten it yet, got to floor 9 and got heavily ambushed. But playing multiplayer I learnt a few new things that will probably get me all the way.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 12, 2014, 8:32:46 PM
I've done Escape Pod and Infirmary Pod on "Too Easy". Now working on Armory Pod. Love this game so much...
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 2, 2014, 9:45:51 PM
My "nope" was not meant as you being wrong about Mysterarts' quote. It was meant about the comment that it always had been so.

I remember that it has changed once since that quote. But like you, I do not know exactly what to (memory is a fickle thing). I vaguely remember Mysterarts saying something about predetermining the exit location from the start again.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 31, 2014, 5:19:29 PM
I got to floor 11 on easy but ... then I had so many waves that all my nodes got blown up and my heroes shortly after. Since I haven't made it passed floor 7
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 31, 2014, 9:53:59 PM
Armory on Easy.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 1, 2014, 9:05:48 PM
25 on drill pod.

Never again, I spent all day on this run. Also lost Mizi in an accident, because, how it turned out, running into a wave of monsters from 4 rooms is not the best idea.

0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 2, 2014, 3:35:54 PM
Never advanced beyond 6th floor on Easy. I'm quite unlucky with this one. If there are three doors in the elevator then the one I choose will lead me to dead end after 5-6 rooms. Same with the second door... After that I never have enough resources to protect my crystal from two-side monster waves. It seems that exit-room is randomly placed in the beginning, when the entire floor is generated. I used to think that exit sign will pop-out when certain number of rooms is discovered by player.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 2, 2014, 4:18:31 PM
Stepuk wrote:
Never advanced beyond 6th floor on Easy. I'm quite unlucky with this one. If there are three doors in the elevator then the one I choose will lead me to dead end after 5-6 rooms. Same with the second door... After that I never have enough resources to protect my crystal from two-side monster waves. It seems that exit-room is randomly placed in the beginning, when the entire floor is generated. I used to think that exit sign will pop-out when certain number of rooms is discovered by player.

The exit room has always worked like this:

The game generates 2 random possible paths to the exit and remembers them. The first possibility that you find will never house the exit room. The second possibility will always house it. This means if you find the first and second possibility early on you will know where the exit is early. Otherwise you will find it later.

If the game has not generated enough rooms by the time it finishes the first and second possible exit, it will add extra rooms as needed to fill in for the floor.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 2, 2014, 4:58:43 PM
Chthon wrote:
The exit room has always worked like this:

The game generates 2 random possible paths to the exit and remembers them. The first possibility that you find will never house the exit room. The second possibility will always house it. This means if you find the first and second possibility early on you will know where the exit is early. Otherwise you will find it later.

If the game has not generated enough rooms by the time it finishes the first and second possible exit, it will add extra rooms as needed to fill in for the floor.

Nope.

At first the game worked with the exit spawning after X doors had been opened. The problem was that you could explore in one direction, leave another door closed and force the game to spawn the exit possibly even directly next to the crystal room.

That was then changed so that the game now predetermines as a floor is created where the exit is, so that there is a minimum of rooms between the crystal and the exit (4 or something like that).

As the exit is now predetermined, you can find it very fast (my record is getting it yesterday after door 5 on floor 12).

mind you, I always open all doors from the crystal room before exploring.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 2, 2014, 7:26:49 PM
melkathi wrote:
Nope.

At first the game worked with the exit spawning after X doors had been opened. The problem was that you could explore in one direction, leave another door closed and force the game to spawn the exit possibly even directly next to the crystal room.

That was then changed so that the game now predetermines as a floor is created where the exit is, so that there is a minimum of rooms between the crystal and the exit (4 or something like that).

As the exit is now predetermined, you can find it very fast (my record is getting it yesterday after door 5 on floor 12).

mind you, I always open all doors from the crystal room before exploring.

My information was given by a dev on the forums somewhere back when it was still being developed. Could you link to where this was mentioned that it changed again?

Edit: Found the post where Mysterarts told me how exit room mechanics work:

/#/dungeon-of-the-endless/forum/46-general/thread/17148-what-all-is-changed-between-too-easy-and-easy

"Mysterarts" wrote:
•Several potential exit rooms (number = ExitableRoomCount) are placed in the ExitRoomEligibleRoomsRatio most distant rooms. The last visited is the exit.

Edit 2: Did some XML digging. Things do look changed now, but not like you say it is.

[HTML]

[/HTML]

Ok, looking at this, they are creating a curve where X is room depth, and Y is chance to find the exit. At a depth of 5 rooms out from your crystal you reach a 10% chance to find the exit, while extending to 10 rooms out guarantees that you will find it. I am not clear on what Factor = "0" and Link = "True" means in these instances.

CountMin determines how many total exits must be found, and CountMax determine how many may be found. Both are set to 1, so it makes sure 1 is found, and prevents more from appearing once one is found. This is found in the file \Public\Configuration\GameConfig.xml

According to this data, you can possibly find the exit room right next to the crystal at a .0000001% chance. This increases to .000001% at 3 room depth, 1% at 4 room, and 10% at 5 room. It then follows the curve made by this line till it hits 100% at 10 rooms. In other words, best way to find the exit quickly is to follow one line of rooms straight out from the crystal till you find it. If it goes at least 10 rooms out you are guaranteed to find it right then and there.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 31, 2014, 2:46:25 PM
I just finished the game with the Escape-Pod on Easy and I'd like to know how far other players have gotten so far.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 2, 2014, 10:15:13 PM
Well considering the state of the xmls now, it seems that it is not predetermined, but given a random chance of appearing again. This is possibly another change that slipped by both of us.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 3, 2014, 9:43:52 AM
Hi,

The keyword in the quoted XML is "StaticRoomEventConfig" => this means that the event is predetermined smiley: smile

The "ProbWeight" value is used to find a spot in the dungeon, during its generation.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 3, 2014, 10:40:35 AM
So the room is in one location, but does that mean the game puts the entry in spot A, the exit in spot B on the grid and the rooms in-between are randomly determined as the doors are opened?

So if we were to make a backup of the save, loading the same floor again, would the path from A to B be different?

Or is the whole floor layout generated right away and only the events/content triggered by opening doors random?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 3, 2014, 11:11:13 AM
This one is right ^^ :

Or is the whole floor layout generated right away and only the events/content triggered by opening doors random?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 3, 2014, 11:14:07 AM
Thanks! Good to know.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 3, 2014, 1:32:24 PM
Mysterarts wrote:
Hi,

The keyword in the quoted XML is "StaticRoomEventConfig" => this means that the event is predetermined smiley: smile

The "ProbWeight" value is used to find a spot in the dungeon, during its generation.

Hrm... There goes my idea of changing

[HTML][/HTML]

to read

[HTML][/HTML]

and then just having to open at most one door every floor and leave. Now I will have to at most open 4 doors before I can leave unless change

[HTML]

[/HTML]

to read

[HTML]

[/HTML]

Not that I would. That would kind of destroy all of the fun in the game smiley: wink

Edit: Sorry about the html tags. Without them this post would have broken the forum smiley: frown I wish that they'd sanitize the posts for html code before sending them.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 3, 2014, 11:32:38 PM
Tenth floor on easy, escape pod. Was getting near the end of the stage when it appeared all remaining doors opened by themselves and I got swarmed.

Do the big guys who cause alerts and lock down dark rooms do this if you ignore them?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment