Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Misc rules questions

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Dec 8, 2014, 10:25:46 AM
Chthon wrote:
Actually, it can. If you have 5 waves incoming, and only 4 unpowered rooms without a hero occupying them, then you only get 4 waves. I have never seen a situation where you got more waves than 1 per room that was able to spawn waves.

In theory then, you can consistently have no waves spawn so long as you have enough dust to power all rooms as soon as you open doors.

That's right smiley: wink I was answering the question of EndlessRunner; in his example, the answer was no smiley: stickouttongue

5. In fact they're just faster!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 22, 2014, 2:49:26 AM
(I'm not a dev, but I'll answer to my best knowledge, which is speculative but for our purposes, sufficient)

11. When you begin a floor, the "current difficulty" variable of the floor is established. After that, monsters are chosen in respects to this difficulty variable. Monsters selected must meet either a certain floor number, (like Keepers cannot spawn in floor 2), but this minimumFloorSpawnRequirement may change based on the pod. Speculatively, the enemies all have a difficulty point value to them, and the floor simply fills the total enemy types on this floor with enemies until it meets the enemyTypesOnThisFloor quota, except that some enemies have a higher probability of being selected at a certain floor.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 18, 2014, 4:14:20 PM
11. I've noticed the same types of enemies spawn in multiple rounds from the same rooms. On the other hand, I've also noticed differences in wave composition between rounds. What are the factors affecting the type of mob spawning? Are types of mobs drawn from a pool on a per room basis? Does every room spawn a specific mob type/class?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 9, 2014, 12:30:51 PM
Elise Ness for general tanking, Shrapnelizer and occasional front row operating.

Rakya for operating, repairing and boosting defences when things get tough.

The fact they are both going to get stimulated half way through the run: bonus.

Met Lady Joleri Tulak and Josh N'tello in the dungeon. Joleri became the door opener and crystal runner. Josh did operating (especially merchants when available) and armchair generalisations.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=341579553

Knowledge is Power on Rakya through device, coupled with Josh's Knowledge is Power gave everyone stupidly high wit. Vacuum Cleaner on Elise to reduce the negative dust effect of Joleri.

Can't remember the rest.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 9, 2014, 11:04:47 AM
Yes, that includes that. Though after that I was so burned out, I played the 24 floors of the Drill Pod on too Easy :P Actually I haven't touched Easy mode since...

I think I spend over a week on the Sanitary Pod. Kept dying (what a surprise).

I tried door juggling once on Easy Infirmary. It just wasn't my thing.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 9, 2014, 10:41:14 AM
Melkathi, when you said you beat everything, did that include sanitary mode on easy, in single player, without door juggling? If so, I would be extremely impressed. I am wondering if such a feat is even possible.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 9, 2014, 8:30:06 AM
I never door juggle and beat eveything. Don`t see why they should adjust the difficulty just because some people have been choosing the easy way.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 8, 2014, 11:09:52 PM
My two cents on doorway dancing/juggling: It's bad. In many cases you could build a single turret and dance with it, which basically makes it an "I win" button and sidesteps so much of the required strategy of the game. In a 4 player game of multiplayer, theoretically it's just as good because each player can dance a door, but lag tends to counteract this. An exception to this is Sanitary Pod Single Player, because the player has to dedicate focus to doorway dancing, whereas other modes can simply pause between dancing.

The last thing I want to hear is "Oooh, this video of EndlessRunner beating hard mode was done before they took out door dancing"... so if you're going to take out door dancing, I humbly request that the Sanitary Pod's difficult be adjusted accordingly, if needed.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 8, 2014, 4:10:53 PM
6. 30%

7. no peak

8. yes, there is a "current difficulty" variable: when it is positive, good events have higher probabilities to be triggered, when it is negative, bad events have higher probabilities.

9. there is debate in the team about it... Personally, I must admit that I use it in extreme cases ^^

10. there is no round up so yes, it can fire at a faster rate smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 8, 2014, 11:06:41 AM
Mysterarts wrote:

5. In fact they're just faster!

(facepalm)... And to think I built a speed excel worksheet that calculates enemy distance versus mini module build times just to find out my excel was sometimes wrong and not knowing why... (justified double facepalm)... Regardless of my frustration, thank you for your great answers and great game.

6. What's the enemy speed increase amount for researching on hard mode?

7. Does Drill pod have an increasing difficulty, or does it peak?

8. Is there a sort of luck point allowance system in place? For instance, if I find a high cost item in a chest early, would I have a higher chance of having more difficult spawns to account for it?

9. Is doorway dancing/juggling (where the player runs back and forth inbetween rooms to be invincible) considered to be an exploit, or a feature of the game?

9b. Did the developer win on hard mode without dancing/juggling?

10. Can a smoking gun/machinegun(french name) fire at a faster rate than attack cooldown 0.1, if buffed by a hero, or would it round up/ceil to 0.1?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 3, 2014, 10:17:28 PM
1. If a player opens a door and the door spawns a wave of monsters, and then the crystal runner immediately picks up the crystal afterwards which also spawns a wave, does the game sequentially spawn waves one at a time, or can 2 * "1 Wave(s) Spawned!" occur at the exact same time? I ask this because usually I open doors simultaneously before picking up the crystal assuming that the game does not spawn them simultaneously, but I haven't been able to prove it.

2. During around the 6th second after a door is opened, the game will check to see if there are any operators that are beginning to operate (hourglass), and turn them into fully operating . What are the requirements of this check? Does the room have to be powered? Does the operator have to be on the module in question, or can merely being inside the room be accepted by the check?

3. Does having less characters unlocked increase the chances of Ayairi showing up with random select?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 7, 2014, 8:37:57 AM
Wondered that myself. Must try it.

I was guessing that either they spawn when you research, or they send mobs to counter your research picks - eg if you max out your tesla first (ani-module mobs) they will send more anit-hero mobs.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 6, 2014, 3:10:25 AM
5. What does it mean when it says "Enemies react to research" for the description of Sanitary Pod?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 5, 2014, 10:08:48 PM
lol psst you probably shouldn't correct the developer of the game... smiley: stickouttongue

Also I'm pretty sure you've misread the question. When Mysterarts said "No, it doesn't!", it basically destroyed my world and rebuilt it. Now I don't have to shift every single dust anymore from the operators or go crazy trying to do it 4 times before the first wave pops up without pause... I have a mission to beat hard and "No, it doesn't" helps a LOT.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 5, 2014, 9:59:07 PM
Mysterarts wrote:
Hi,

No, it doesn't!

Actually, it can. If you have 5 waves incoming, and only 4 unpowered rooms without a hero occupying them, then you only get 4 waves. I have never seen a situation where you got more waves than 1 per room that was able to spawn waves.

In theory then, you can consistently have no waves spawn so long as you have enough dust to power all rooms as soon as you open doors.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 5, 2014, 6:37:25 PM
Though you can't have more waves than dark rooms smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 5, 2014, 2:06:49 AM
Thanks for the answers! I have another question though:

4. Do the number of rooms powered decrease the number of waves that spawn? For instance, let's say I'm on Floor 1, and I have only 20 dust but 14 rooms. Floor 1 has a maximum 3 waves spawn. Does using both 20 dust on 2 rooms increase my chances of having 2 waves instead of 3?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 4, 2014, 1:37:12 PM
Hi,

1. The waves may come at the same time. Classic waves spawn 2 sec after the end of the opening; the first waves of the Crystal phase spawn between 2 or 3 sec, after the Crystal unplugging. The 2 types of waves are independent.

2. I must admit that is not really clear... If the hero stays in the room, even if s/he does another thing (fighting, repairing) or if the room is unpowered, the operate action is kept (or activated). But you need to see the green icon during the door opening to have your resources (= hero on the module and room powered).

3. melkathi is right, the probability to have it is always the same.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment