Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[G2G] Creation Contest - The Next DotE Hero [VISUAL]

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Mar 2, 2015, 11:06:16 AM
Ding! I'm closing the thread. Thank you everyone for your submissions, we will come back to you. smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 27, 2015, 8:04:15 PM
Just want to take my part. Inspired by GLADOS and my boss`s secretary. Tried to make it look cold, smart and beautyful maybe smiley: ohhO:

UPD: Added new image

Also I agree with Mechaphantom. It strange that almost all concepts have one eyed looksmiley: wink
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 25, 2015, 5:29:36 PM
My crappy paintings smiley: frown

№1

Work in progress.... or not.

Technically, she is armed with swords. But visually its stun batons.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 25, 2015, 9:33:53 PM
Well, since the Rosetta model is meant to learn the language and cultures of indigenous peoples, it seems logical that the Rosetta would be designed to look friendly, approachable and harmless. Hence, my "idea" (badly drawn in MS paint), is for a somewhat Wall-E-esque android; box-like body (vents on the back), treads for transportation, and a friendly, innocent face (sort of like Met from Megaman). On top of the robots head is a pith helmet or safari helmet, a monocle over one eye, and an ornate cavalry saber wielded in one hand.

I'm horrible at drawing in MS Paint smiley: cry
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 25, 2015, 11:28:33 PM

So here a more detailed version of my by the book robot. She Cleary looks a bit snobby and dresses to impress. You can tell by the posture that she gots some attitude problems as she seeks to cleanse the savages. She has large cable hair bundles. I think she looks good with purple and black. For her sword I figure she can change her hand sort of like magaman where magman can switch between a gun and a hand she gots a sword and a hand.

Here my thick Rosetta the idea is this some sort of combat mode. Once her pod landed she dawns a armor and duel swords from her weapons wrack, purge the savages! This model features two large swords and a single glowing pink eye. While my other robot is wearing skimpy clothing to hide her more feminine features this is a lightly armored "naked" robot design.

I call this one tail. I loosely based it on the xcom floater. Where it fly's or hovers lightly off the ground It can be armed or unarmed with just the tail blade. The idea is it able to float and explore more of its environment without legs. It has a huge two handed sword attached to its tail/spine that it can swing like a whip while still leaving its hands free. I also thought about it having no arms at all and just the tail blade but I on the fence.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 25, 2015, 11:30:40 PM
I really like the second one. That has my vote at moment. It a robot meets anime meets Gashia. I probably spelling that wrong.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 26, 2015, 2:25:50 AM

This is my idea for the robot. A first contact robot needs to be able to communicate with an unknown species as well as blend in as much as possible. So instead of having a regular robot body she instead has a holographic projector she uses to change her image.

She also has a multitude of appendages that come out of her projector body. This might be hard to draw pixilated so maybe put treads on her or freakish chicken legs.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 26, 2015, 2:10:28 PM
This is my contribution, not a very good artist, I offer you my vision of Rosetta QV1819

0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 25, 2015, 4:42:25 PM

Hi guys,

Once again, thank you all for taking part in the Hero Creation Contest.

The winner of part 1 (thread) has just been announced: it's Rosetta QV1819, by wkinchlea.

The contest is divided into three parts:

• Biography and archetype [Forumsubmissions+G2Gvote] -- [WINNER:RosettaQV1819] smiley: approval
  • Visual [Forumsubmissions+G2Gvote]
  • Hero finalisation [G2Gvote]

YOUR SUBMISSION

Your submission must include all the following elements:

• A picture attached to your post
  • Optional: include a brief description of what you have tried to achieve and short guidelines for our artist

To keep a visual coherence in the game, our pixel Artist, Simon, will then draw the final sprites, based on the content provided by the winner.

GUIDELINES

• You are limited to three submissions
  • We will only accept submissions that include a picture
  • If you included a brief description and guidelines for our artist, we will only accept the ones in English
  • Keep your submissions in one post only (you can edit it until the deadline)
  • We will only accept original pieces of artwork: do not include references/art that you haven't produced
  • Use the art style and the technique of your choice and not necessarily pixel art
  • smiley: warning Take into account every element of the hero created by wkinchlea (link): race, gender, composition, weapon and personality
  • Rosetta uses a sword: we'll accept anything that resembles it, but we'll have to decline submissions that are too exotic for our taste!

ADVICE

• The winner of part 1 is a lady robot: however, it doesn't need to have a human / lady human appearance
  • Use the existing elements of the game (creatures, environment, lore) to create a hero coherent with the game background
  • Surprise us!

DEADLINE

Submit your ideas before March 2nd. We’ll be closing the thread at midday (CET). We will choose the three best submissions that will move on to the G2G vote.

PRIZE

The two lucky winners (part 1 and part 2) will receive the following:

• Your name in the game credits
  • A unique Dungeon of the Endless T-shirt
  • Three copies of Dungeon of the Endless (Crystal Pack), to play co-op with their friends!

smiley: warning Please note that Amplitude reserves the right to modify the 3 proposals and will work with the winners to finalise the design and adapt it to development constraints. Simon, our artist, will provide the final visual, based on the winning submission.

Good luck to everyone!

smiley: amplitude
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 27, 2015, 10:00:50 PM
smiley: amplitude Hello, EndlessDeskLamp here. I'm submitting my design for Rosetta's design in Dungeon of the Endless.

Keep in mind that some aspects and details can and probably will be simplified down for the pixel art version. Without further ado, here it is!

Her general appearance is woman-like, and I thought her hand(s) could have little projectors that could be the source of her sword and other things.

P.S. If you can't read the monitor on her chestplate, it says, "HANDS OFF". Obviously that's a bit too much detail to be put into the game, just a bit of artist humor.

Also, my Steam account name is, "A Pedophile Gnome". Another joke, obviously.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 28, 2015, 2:58:44 AM
Its interesting that almost all of us agree she should have one eye in center of head.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 28, 2015, 6:29:54 AM
Placeholder for finished designs. I'm curious what you guys think of this.

Is this style of design allowed? I lack any form of artistic ability so I've designed this robot almost like a collage.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 28, 2015, 7:11:38 AM
SirTannlyKnotte wrote:
Placeholder for finished designs. I'm curious what you guys think of this.

Is this style of design allowed? I lack any form of artistic ability so I've designed this robot almost like a collage.

I don't see any reason why this design wouldn't be allowed, but could you maybe just post a picture with a single robot in it? The spirograf pattern is a little distracting. smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 28, 2015, 12:14:58 PM

So obviously this is pretty rough, but my idea is for a very sleek humanoid robot, with a blank, female mannequin-type head that floats above the torso using an anti-grav pad or something. Her arms normally default to hands, but they can reconfigure into a sword, either by rematerialising, or by sliding back into the arm and having a sword slide out as a replacement.

Edit: a second version with like a blank, helmet-type head instead of a humanoid one
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 28, 2015, 4:56:19 PM
So... she uses hover engine (rotates) to move, is covered with white armor, has red eye and yellow/black ring on engine.

0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 28, 2015, 6:33:51 PM
Hi,

Hope it is not too late :

Rosetta has rectatile swords that she uncovers only in emergency situation.

Her pretty face is engaging for first encounter with new barbarian people.

She always carry “The book” by her side : this books help her to shape her personality and she consults it for any reason. She reads it in the elevator.

Her puffy dress is composed of armor pieces in the upside part. She also hides reactors which allow her to levitate.

When she opens a door, she preachs for “The book”.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 1, 2015, 10:27:36 AM

Three(?) submission on three index cards, alongside an idea for the color scheme.

As you can see I based this design off of more 18th century military attire and Opbot.

Now for a few guidelines:

-The ceremonial blade for submission one is a bit of a reference (to the final part of the Flourish weapon family in Spiral Knights, figured the blade of those things would be fitting for a sword referential in itself to a saber and meant more for show than normal combat), and as such should most likely be ignored (wish I saw that rule the first time I looked through the guidelines) possibly along with the chest piece (which I based off a part of a common armor used by female characters in Blacklight Retribution. I still really wish I saw that rule the first time around).

-Image one will also possibly need a slimming for the torso area as well as a second attempt at giving the figure a contrapposto.

-Ultimately I would also suggest trying to mix these two submissions together (such as taking one's torso, shoulders, and crotch area and adding on the limbs and head of two, less pixellated idea of what that could look like in-game is that "3?" on the bottom of the third index card).

-Either way Simon will have the final word, and I would be delighted to see what that might be (even though I should probably be pessimistic about the chances of success for this idea, especially considering the error mentioned in my first guideline).
0Send private message
Comment