Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

In certain cases UI overlay is not visible

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Dec 17, 2013, 1:59:17 AM
Hi. Love the game. Only one issue (other than wanting more smiley: biggrin).

In specific cases the UI overlay is not visible. This may be related to "Illegible UI", but I was not sure.

- The overlay does not appear on my laptop when choosing either pixel scaling options.

- The overlay becomes visible if I chose the leftmost option, but is slightly off (this is playable tho). Overlay icons well appear slightly skewed (f.ex. the white overlays for build points) and the screen will scroll before I reach the bottom edge.

- If I plug my monitor in, things seem to work ok.

If you need details or screenshots write here. I will check the thread.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 18, 2013, 9:58:04 AM
Hi,

thanks for the feedback. You should always post the information you think is relevant such as screenshots, output log (Steam > Steamapps > Common > Dungeon of the Endless > Dungeon of the Endless data), specs, etc. A complete bug report will allow us to directly look into your issue and try and find a solution faster. smiley: smile So please, if you could provide us the extra info, we'd appreciate it! smiley: approval
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 18, 2013, 10:20:32 AM
Could you please also send us captures of your screen and your native resolution?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 19, 2013, 9:12:24 PM
I am running 1080p on a 15.6" display. Lenovo IdeaPad Y510p SLI (have tested w and wo SLI to be sure). Screenshots are from this set up (no attached monitor).

My monitor is also running 1080p but is a 24" BenQ.

Oh, and mouse doesn't cause scroll at top and right edges.

0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 19, 2013, 9:24:11 PM
The above screenshots are exactly how my display looks.

I get the same build point indicator misalignment in pixel perfect mode (as in the top image). The screen begins scrolling down before my cursor reaches the build menu, which adds an unintended layer of difficulty to the game.

In either scaled mode, the screen is over-scanned to the point that no menus are visible and the game is unplayable.

I'm running a GTX680 with current drivers in Windows 8.1. It's connected to a 55" Sony Bravia via HDMI with a desktop resolution of 1920x1080.

EDIT: I was able to correct the over-scan issue in scaled mode by switching my desktop resolution to 1280x720. This is only a temporary solution as switching desktop resolution every time you want to play a game isn't desirable.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 14, 2014, 11:12:23 PM
Hi,

An interesting thing that I wanted to share. If I (on Windows) go into "Control Panel > Display" and set scale to 100% or Smaller (on Win 8.1). It works! Enjoy that. :-D

Brgrds,

Sune
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 19, 2014, 12:26:24 PM
I'm using scale in win 8.0, this works.. must be yet another thing they FUBARd in win8.1
0Send private message
Comment