Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

General targeting and "room change" issue during combat...

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jan 29, 2014, 2:01:24 AM
So I don't have screenshots for this issue, I may update with some but I find it hard to capture the moment this issue occurs...

1) Movement and targeting near doorways seems to be bugged, or at the very least the AI for characters gets confused.

A) Character attacks one of the enemies who goes directly for the power crystal, if they are a melee hero there is a 50/50 chance they will follow him through the door in my play-through (this doesn't seem intended). If it is a ranged hero or a melee hero and the enemy crystal attacker dies in the doorway between rooms, any hero who was attacking him will "freeze" for several seconds where they do not attack anything and allow themselves to be hit by other enemies until their original target's "flailing death animation" ceases. The latter issue has killed several of my characters over the course of about 10 playthroughs, so it is common enough to be annoying.

B) Any combat in small thin rooms, usually the rooms that I would describe as being 1x2 block rooms (I think of the dungeon in terms of blocks, sorry), tends to cause similar "freezing" issues as the mid-doorway kill listed above. I think this is because characters will attack an enemy who is close enough to a doorway that the AI isn't sure what room they are in. While frozen the character cannot be told to move, or rather seems to ignore any command input until the creature they were targeting either dies or is solidly in another room. This behavior is similar to the behavior above, but it is more difficult to reproduce as it requires large quantities of enemies to really demonstrate. And those quantities tend to kill the characters who freeze very quickly.

2) Upgrading the level of heroes while they are performing an action (like an attack) seems to lock them in a "repeat" state or something. For example, after opening a door a bunch of monsters spawned and attacked into a room where I had the big-beefy soldier, I had extra food so I opened his menu and leveled him up (mid attack animation) and suddenly every enemy in the room started taking extreme damage and the firing noise for the soldier's machine gun went off much more rapidly than usual. After the fight he continued to stand in the center of the room and performed his firing animation. I chose not to select him or open his menu after this point, and to my surprise every time I was attacked in this room he basically shot every all enemies in the room at the same time repeatedly in an extremely fast manner. At one point he killed, by himself, 7 spawns of enemies and was only ever struck by ranged enemies that entered the room once before they could be mowed down. This behavior did not stop upon selecting him, or opening his menu. It did stop when I ordered him into another room, however, I reproduced this same behavior 3 more times by leveling him up just as he shot at something (though it should be noted that once he had operator skill I had to either keep a better operator in the room at all times if it was a MOD room, or keep him in a room with no MODs to keep him from re-tasking).
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 29, 2014, 7:16:30 AM
The freeze near door is happening to me a lot as well.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment