Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Crash while launching

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jan 25, 2014, 11:40:04 AM
Hello !

When I launch the game, it return to windows after the main loading screen of DotE. (after the "Amplitude" logo)

No errror message, no windows error message

I verified files with Steam. I tried to delete and reinstall.

I tried to lauch the game with the \Steam\SteamApps\common\Dungeon of the Endless\DungeonoftheEndless.exe with administrator account.

In the log file I found an error : "An exception has been raised while initialize the application".

DoteCrash.zip

I dont find the REGISTRY.XML , The directory \Documents\Dungeon of the Endless does not exist !

It exist for Endless Space but not DotE.

thanks for reading.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 25, 2014, 1:44:02 PM
CptRed wrote:
Hello !

When I launch the game, it return to windows after the main loading screen of DotE. (after the "Amplitude" logo)

No errror message, no windows error message

I verified files with Steam. I tried to delete and reinstall.

I tried to lauch the game with the \Steam\SteamApps\common\Dungeon of the Endless\DungeonoftheEndless.exe with administrator account.

In the log file I found an error : "An exception has been raised while initialize the application".

DoteCrash.zip

I dont find the REGISTRY.XML , The directory \Documents\Dungeon of the Endless does not exist !

It exist for Endless Space but not DotE.

thanks for reading.

I had the exact same error yesterday. It happened after I closed the game with alt+F4. You need to desinstall the game and delete the steam folder then reinstall.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 26, 2014, 2:19:21 PM
It's not the same problem, I never could play the game !

I tried your solution but no effect.

I tried to install on the windows drive (C:\) doesnt work either.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 27, 2014, 10:13:19 AM
Hi,

Can you verify your game files?

Right click on the game in your Steam Library > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 27, 2014, 4:57:06 PM
Hello

It looks like i have the same issue!

Have not been able to play at all. Game crashes to windows after the Amplitude screen. no error or anything.

I have verified the file through steam twice. I have deleted and reinstalled.

thank you for any help
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 29, 2014, 9:34:11 AM
Hi,

According to this post, a solution may be to run Steam (not DotE) as the Administrator the first time for the creation of the save directory.

Worth giving it a shot so let us know if it worked.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 29, 2014, 6:33:04 PM
Hi,

I tried to launch steam as administartors, reinstall DotE, doesn t work.

I tried to pick the folder \Documents\Dungeon of the Endless of a friend (his game works) and replace the name of the folder by my steam nickname. Same Issue while launching. ............. OK Guys I just find the problem, DON'T USE braces in your Steam nickname xD
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 30, 2014, 6:01:04 AM
Hello again

CptRed You are the man!!! Confirmed the brackets were killing it!! i removed the brackets and it works.

thanks again
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 30, 2014, 9:15:12 AM
Thank you for this temporary solution! We will work on a fix smiley: smile
0Send private message
Comment