Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Wit values not calculating/applying correctly for operation? Golgy/Deena/Rabbit's

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Feb 16, 2014, 8:59:43 AM
I've got a L6 Golgy with 2x Lucky Rabbit's Foot (1 blue, 1 green), total wit displayed is 15.

Also L6 Deena with blue Grim Fairy Tales, total wit 12.

When attempting to operate a module, Deena always takes priority in the room if they are both there, even though her wit is lower. However, the bonus they each provide is also identical: +4 bonus over unmanned module. It was my understanding that the bonus should be 1/3 of wit value, minimum of 1. So apparently Golgy is not actually functioning as though she has a wit of 15, even though the stats display it as such. Now, the question is - is this an issue with Golgy, an issue with dual-wielded wit bonus items, or some issue with one of the items/characters themselves? Or is there something else I'm missing here entirely smiley: smile

Version: 0.1.21

Screenshots:

Save and other files:

RaccoonTOFWitCalculationBug.zip
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 16, 2014, 11:27:39 AM
If you have multiple major modules of the same type, and they are operating those, the boost is decreased accordingly; keep that in mind. The effect is halved for each additional module of the same type. I don't know if this is intended, but it's how it works in my game.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 16, 2014, 1:23:09 PM
I can answer this! smiley: smile (YAY!)

You have Deena equiped with Grim Faery Tales. The item provides the Master Hacker passive skill that gives a +4 Wit when operating modules. As a result Deena's effective Wit at that moment is 16. (Deena Wit: 6 + Grim Faery Tales (blue quality): Wit +6 = 12 + Master Hacker: Wit when operating +4 = 16)

I can't find my notes on the Wit bonuses right now :/

Updated the wiki entry for the skill.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 16, 2014, 2:04:30 PM
Personally, I will have had lots of messed up values throughout the game, not sure Wit, I will have to take some screenshots later
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment