Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

If enemy dies while leaving a room it can confuse Hero AI

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Mar 9, 2014, 7:05:33 PM
Situation: Enemy has left a room, and heroes are disengaging from him. Enemy dies to incoming fire before hero fully disengages. Now Hero refuses to engage any enemy unless you order him out of a room, and back in.

This is hard to reproduce, or catch with a save. However it is very common with the enemies that go straight for your crystal. If you miss it, your entire defense may fold because of this bug.

Edit: .3.6 verified
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 9, 2014, 10:02:23 PM
Same thing for me (v0.3.6).

Troe is slashing, Skroig (he is not in my team) too. But Hikensha, after 1 enemy dead, stay in this position. The order "get out, come back!" work. But it put under stress! smiley: sweat

0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 10, 2014, 1:01:33 AM
Baarfind wrote:
Same thing for me (v0.3.6).

Troe is slashing, Skroig (he is not in my team) too. But Hikensha, after 1 enemy dead, stay in this position. The order "get out, come back!" work. But it put under stress! smiley: sweat

Thanks for the screenshot there. I've seen it happen dozens of times, but I only just now decided to post a report, and when I checked the rules I noticed that they like them. I'll get my own shots of this eventually.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 10, 2014, 10:48:11 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the report: we were looking for a way to reproduce this bug!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 10, 2014, 11:40:49 AM
More than likely it's a result of the hero trying to pull a target.next when target == null

Sorry, I'm a programmer too smiley: smile I can't see what you were doing, but that is what it looked like. I'm somewhat surprised this didn't crash the game, though you might have simply handled it and given the game no action required. Simply handling this by manually selecting a new target could possibly fix it too.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment