Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Bug] Possible to become tech stalled.

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Mar 9, 2014, 7:02:23 PM
I have noticed that if a research tech that you have fully researched is selected, rather than trying again if there are any in that category you haven't fully researched, it will just not show a tech for that category. In a recent game, this behavior actually prevented me from researching anything else. In this game I had Mk IV modules for all modules but the prisoner prod which was Mk II. The artifacts then refused to give me any options after that.

It is possible, though unlikely, that once you research even 1 Mk IV in each area, that you will not be able to research anything more for the rest of the game. This is because the only way to force the game to roll up a new set of researches is to research something. If it selects all 4 of your Mk IVs for the next selection, you will not be able to choose any. A sanity check needs to be implemented as a result.

Edit: .3.6 verified
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 11, 2014, 8:52:09 AM
Can you submit your log files and save game when this happens again as outlined in the sticky? Thanks!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 11, 2014, 11:16:56 AM
Easiest way to do this is intentionally research out 3 categories and one item in a 4th. That's a whole run dedicated to reproducing this bug D: After all that's pretty easy to reproduce even if it's time consuming and I'm sure they have editing programs they can use to speed things up.

I guess if it happens I'll post it though.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment