Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Operators/Repairers interfere with each other's AI

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Mar 9, 2014, 7:11:14 PM
Situation: 2 or more operators/repairers are in a room under attack. Between enemies they fight over who operates the major module and who repairs it. Occasionally when switching repeatedly AI for one breaks and they stand there doing nothing with a wrench or gear over their head. No bonus or repairs are done at this point, and they no longer engage the enemy. Ordering them to leave and reenter the room will correct this. However this could spell doom to a defense.

Due to the chaotic nature of the bug, it is hard to catch in the act with a save. It happens more frequently when you have more than 2 in the room at once, even worse if 2 are the same effective wit. I will attempt a screenshot in the future, but I don't know if I can manage a save at the right time, or if it persists through saves. However a log may help.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 11, 2014, 11:14:36 AM
Yes, I was thinking about it though, it may be related to the bug which makes a character stand idle if their target dies while they are disengaging due to target leaving the room. Perhaps this is happening while they are getting flagged for repairing or operating forcing them to stand stuck where they are until you intervene?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 12, 2014, 8:22:45 PM
It's certainly possible, yes. The next time I stream DotE again I will try and reproduce the bug under those conditions.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment