Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Low resolution screen issues and some more

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Apr 13, 2014, 9:10:18 PM
Hi! Got DotE for Gagarin's first space flight anniversary smiley: redface. And it is perfect! v 0.4.7.

I have a tiny netbook (.speccy file), so I'd tride to run DotE on that machine and got some issues related to its low screen resolution. Other things are good: perfomance is enough for such kind of device, sound works, loadings are fast, no freezes, no black screen.

[LIST=1]
  • Unvisible buttons in the tutorial:

• "Map" are overlaying the characters' list:

smiley: warningMaybe replace this "map" of powered rooms with simple numbers?

• And hero's menu doesnt fit into screen, not a problem, but could be better:

• [/LIST]

Don't think that I am the "special one", I have an ordinary PC too, .speccy file smiley: wink. And there I have issues with the intro scene - just black screen.

And I tottaly have no sound. Volume are set to zero with no ability to click it. By the way, I have the same problem in the Endless Space, there I can change volume but with no effect. Any other game's sound works perfect.

Thanks for care!
    0Send private message
    0Send private message
    10 years ago
    Apr 14, 2014, 8:14:03 AM
    Hi,

We apologize but the minimum resolution to play the game is 1280 x 720 smiley: frown

Our GUI engine doesn't allow us to easily support smaller resolutions...
    0Send private message
    10 years ago
    Apr 14, 2014, 10:53:33 AM
    Okay, thanks. I don't compel you to support every device, at least I can do some tricks with resolution upscaling/increasing or just get a newer notebook.

But what about sound problems? Maybe something wrong with your sound engine, that's why neither Endless Space nor DotE are so silent for me.

I'll try to do something with my motherboard's sound drivers or use external soundcard. Will keep you updated with news.
    0Send private message
    10 years ago
    Apr 14, 2014, 12:14:10 PM
    Can you try to open the Registry.xml in "Steam\SteamApps\common\Dungeon of the Endless"?

If the line 15, 19, 23 or 31 are "True", you can try to replace them by "False".
    0Send private message
    10 years ago
    Apr 14, 2014, 12:26:50 PM
    Don't really needed now, I've just found the problem's source:

Both games have been installed in the folder with cyrillic symbols in its name. I've reinstalled it. Now works perfect! I have intro scene and sound in DotE and sound in ES.

Thanks for the help anyway!
    0Send private message
    ?

Click here to login

Comment