Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Heroes freeze when Crystal is carried into Exit room. - Common bug it seems.

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Apr 28, 2014, 9:49:10 AM
BUG - Heroes freeze when Crystal is carried into Exit Room.

Running Alpha Version 0.5.1

Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

2nd Gen Intel i7 CPU

GTX 460 Graphics

6GB Corsair Dominator RAM

2560X1440 Display - Game set to "Best same ratio resolution" in Game settings.

1. Bug appeared on a third level dungeon. With all rooms on that level discovered.

2. Created a direct-link of powered rooms to the exit room. (5 room link)

3. Placed "Hero Max" & "Nurse Deena" inside the exit room.

4. Used "Hero Sara" to then grab & carry the Crystal to the exit room.

5. All 3 Characters then freeze when Sara Enters the exit room carrying the Crystal & attempts to "place?" the Crystal on the exit. (Camera also zooms in)

6. Game keeps running (can click on various menus, on-screen objects & such) but am unable to pan camera around level (stuck on zoomed in view of heroes being attacked) while a steady influx of infinite enemies enters the exit room & attacks my three Heroes. (Characters Health meters don't go down while being attacked)

7. Can pause the game, but cannot create a Save File while enemies are attacking.

- Nothing else I can seem to do but exit current game & restart.

Report files here.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4m7vmb6nbw3e0zr/TgXiPOf357
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 28, 2014, 11:12:00 AM
Just happened again. Doesn't seem that hard to produce, though the common elements involved (i my mind) don't always seem to produce it.

That said however, it seems to be that all my heroes are in the exit room together with one carrying the Crystal to the room & all the rooms from the Power room to the Exit are all lit up/connected, when this bug Usually happens. All room on the floor have also been discovered. Though it's more likely to be something a bit deeper then general reoccurring game-play elements at play here. Hope it gets fixed soon!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 28, 2014, 1:07:07 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your really precise feedback.

Sadly, even by trying to exactly recreate a game with your details, we couldn't reproduce the bug.

It's very weird!

If you guys could actually reproduce it and record the whole process, it would really help us. We actually need to check what you are doing before the bug is occurring.

We apologise for the inconvenience.
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 1, 2014, 1:56:28 AM
Had this exact issue just now. First level, heroes Ken, Sara and Golgy, all rooms discovered, not all rooms powered on the way to the exit. Version 0.5.2. Happened twice in a row now on first level so seems very common.

Low-res video of the entire level:

0Send private message
10 years ago
May 5, 2014, 12:50:33 AM
I opened the last door with one char, then assigned my other two chars, one holding the crystal to also enter the last room.

The only other particular is that the last room had more doors beyond it which I had not yet opened.

It's the best bug I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9nuL1ZvsC0

I paused once waves kept piling into the level to record, but apparently I have to set up FRAPs differently to save more than the last 30s. Everything was running at a crawl of a pace, and there were a sizable many thousand enemies swarming my defenders.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment