Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

BUG: Merchant took money but didn't give item

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jun 7, 2014, 10:09:05 PM
Sorry if this is reported before, I haven't played this game for a while. I just played a quick game today.

1. Sara try to purchase a green medikit (+7 health regen). Oops (red message) didn't have enough dust

2. Opened a door 2 waves coming, now I have enough dust.

3. Pause the game in mid-fight took off the utility item on Sara and gave to someone else, had Sara ran to the merchant and try to purchase that item. The merchant took the money but didn't give me the item.

4. Few more doors later, I got enough dust again, and tried to purchase it again, not during a fight, still didn't get the item after loosing the dust.

5. I saved & quit, in case the save file is needed.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 8, 2014, 3:15:35 AM
Yeah, had it happen once as well.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 8, 2014, 4:52:39 AM
Should I wait and see if the dev's need the save file to replicate the bug? Is there even a way to extract the save file? Anyway, I'll wait a few days.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 9, 2014, 11:03:04 AM
Hi,

Yes, the files are always useful smiley: smile

Do you remember if there was another Medikit (different color) in the stock of the merchant?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 9, 2014, 12:53:31 PM
Mysterarts wrote:
Hi,

Do you remember if there was another Medikit (different color) in the stock of the merchant?

For me it was indeed.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 9, 2014, 2:00:17 PM
+1 with this problem, had it happen last night during a complete play through, thankfully I caught it after trying to purchase the item a second time and stopped wasting dust. It only happened with one item and if I'm not mistaken it was a legendary "purple" radio. I was attempting to upgrade from my normal radio and sold it first before attempting to purchase the purple radio, not sure if that had anything to do with it but int he end I had neither and less dust which was a big bummer.

Only happened once, the rest of the play through was fine.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 9, 2014, 5:01:14 PM
Mysterarts wrote:
Hi,

Yes, a grey one and a green one
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 15, 2014, 6:07:30 PM
Experienced the same problem. Had one character try to buy a green Prison Shirt (in total, there was a gray and green Prison Shirt. I was able to buy and equip the gray (it also disappeared from the merchant's inventory) but the green was bugged). Was sure I had enough Dust to buy from the merchant, but after trying to buy it 3 times, I noticed I was wasting Dust. I tried the usual buy/equip to the character. Nothing. Tried to plain buy and add to inventory. Nothing. Tried to buy with another character. More Dust wasted.

Alpha version 0.7.10

h3vaj)VkIK6[lZtmouuzbszbm4WZPVpo.zip

output_log.zip

Diagnostics #2014'06'15 @1130'44''.zip

Registry.zip

Please let me know if I am uploading these correctly. I'm new to posting issues on forums but I'm glad I'm learning through here smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 15, 2014, 7:56:48 PM
Okay, so I started another run. I came across a Merchant who only had one Crutchy (green). I tried to purchase, and I ended up losing Dust. But his other items were purchasable.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 18, 2014, 10:13:24 AM
Thanks for the files NoirMongoose!

It should be fixed in the next update.
0Send private message
Comment