Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

My Weird Game : Room activation bug, and an infinite dust merchant exploit

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jun 17, 2014, 9:35:48 PM
Yo

I've been playing half a game of DotE today, finishing a game I started two weeks ago. I didn't really encounter problems before, but this session was quite weird !

Here goes :

Room activation bug : In the 4-5ish floors I played on, I encountered this bug more or less once a floor. When I powered a room, the lights were showing up just like the usual, but I could not power up rooms beyond this one, as the game told me that these rooms were not connected to any powered room (even though they clearly were connected to the powered bogus room). It was also impossible to turn off the power in the bogus room (no message, as if I didn't click on the room at all). Saving and loading the game back fixed the problem every time, with the bogus room unpowered when the game resumes. I was then able to power it up as well as any other connected room.

Infinite merchant sell : I also happened to get myself into a weird exploit (although i have no idea how to reproduce it). I wanted to sell two armors to the merchant. However, as I clicked on the sell button for the first one, I did get the dust but the armor was not removed from my inventory. Because of this, I was able to spam the sell button and collect the armor price as many times as I wanted (I almost filled up the dust bar). I then tried to sell the other armor, which was removed from my inventory as expected. But the other one was still sticking in the inventory. So I closed the shop interface and reopened it, and the the armor disappeared as expected when I sold it.

I tried to reproduce the bug with other merchants I encountered later on, but I had no luck with that.

I attached the diagnostics and output log logs_activation_and_merchant.zip so you can have a look.

Cheers

Shtong
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 18, 2014, 1:15:36 AM
The Room activation bug happened to me too, I kinda fixed it by saving my progress and logging out from the game and then continue where I left and it worked. It happened to me like 3 times and I think it happens when you power a room while you open a door or when you power a room and there are still monsters alive.

I was playing in Very Easy mode by the way, in Easy mode I haven't found that issue, yet... hope this info helps smiley: smile

Cheers
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment