Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Just lost my first game on the Beta to a game crash :(

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jun 19, 2014, 10:08:34 PM
SCREEN SHOT HERE

I was going from floor 6 to 7. Had 3 heroes and 1 that I didn't recruit one, Gork The Butcher, who I left on the floor. I got to the level complete screen, it said loading to 100%, and while the music continued until it played out, the game never went to the next level. Just stayed at the 100% Loading screen. My computer specs are below if this helps at all. I was only playing DotE, nothing in my computer made it crash as far as I can tell. My mouse was working fine. It never said that the game was not responding, it seemed like it was working fine. Love the game, good luck with removing all the bugs guys smiley: smile

Windows 8.1

Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70Ghz

6.00 GB RAM (5.88 usable)

64-bit Operating System, x64 based processor

Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Driver 10.8.10.3316)
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 20, 2014, 12:05:53 AM
Same problem here, happened on loading floor 7 got to 100% and then it crashed smiley: frown no screenshot but I did manage to unlock the health ship before the crash smiley: smile. A bitter sweet unlock as with the crashes I can't complete the game and unlock the next ship smiley: frown.

Zigeye wrote:
Ya it's stuck for sure. This time on level 3. Always after I find Gork the Butcher on a floor. Connection? I don't know, but I do dislike him and never want to hire him. So sad, guess I'll be waiting for 0.8.5 smiley: smile

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=273031794

I don't think it's related to Gork as it happened to me and he wasn't in my party nor did I find him.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 20, 2014, 12:09:10 AM
I just got this when trying to load a saved game, this was before I even got to Floor 2 I think.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 20, 2014, 12:12:35 AM
DotBeta wrote:
I don't think it's related to Gork as it happened to me and he wasn't in my party nor did I find him.

Bummer, found someone else on Steam that said it was related to him as well. Anything else you remember about your experience that stood out? Maybe a different hero you found on that floor?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 20, 2014, 12:20:55 AM
Zigeye wrote:
Bummer, found someone else on Steam that said it was related to him as well. Anything else you remember about your experience that stood out? Maybe a different hero you found on that floor?

I did discover Lady Jolak "spelling" on floor 6 but ignored her as my party was full. She survived the whole map as she was in a powered room, aside from that nothing out of the ordinary. I don't think it's related to difficulty but were you playing on easy or too easy?

EDIT: Oh the first game I tried to play loaded up to a black screen and all that was visible were the hero tabs and the FIDS layout, I had to abandon the game and start a new one which was the play through with the crash, not exactly tied to the loading crash but it's still another bug that may be related.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 20, 2014, 12:26:25 AM
DotBeta wrote:
I did discover Lady Jolak "spelling" on floor 6 but ignored her as my party was full. She survived the whole map as she was in a powered room, aside from that nothing out of the ordinary. I don't think it's related to difficulty but were you playing on easy or too easy?

EDIT: Oh the first game I tried to play loaded up to a black screen and all that was visible were the hero tabs and the FIDS layout, I had to abandon the game and start a new one which was the play through with the crash, not exactly related to the loading crash but it's still another bug that may be related.

Ya interesting. Wonder if it's hero related or not. I always play on Easy to answer your question. Hope they find a fix soon, I've been making plans to play this game hardcore this weekend smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 20, 2014, 8:05:20 AM
Same here, i have infinite 100% loading and that was just before i unlock the new hero :/ (that was my 3th stage with him).

I stop the game and relaunch him : no save

I don't try any other party with a problem like this.

But i'm not worried, you always fix the problems smiley: wink
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 20, 2014, 2:23:31 PM
I too have had this crash. Twice so far. I know that this last time I did not hire a hero; just left the nurse sitting in a dark room. Maybe this is a hero not being hired crash? If so, always have an expendable hero to sell/switch and see if it crashes anymore until it's fixed. I was on floor 9 with over 1000+ of each industry/food/science and all science maxed, and unlocked the infirmary ship (a bit excessive, but I was GOING to win my first game. I've been in since day 1 alpha and I get to floor 9 and then the door openers cause a tsunami of monsters to overwhelm me). Well, maybe I'll win next time.

**So: Crash related to not hiring a hero and leaving them on the level when you exit?**
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 20, 2014, 3:01:35 PM
The crash isn't related to not hiring a hero. I just finished floor 5, which no heros spawned on, and a full squad and it still froze at 100% when I tried to go to the next floor. It could be a glitch in the loading system for the floors itself.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 20, 2014, 3:09:14 PM
Did the bug occur with a game save you had previously loaded?

We suspect that the bug is linked to the save system.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 20, 2014, 3:19:48 PM
Mysterarts wrote:
Did the bug occur with a game save you had previously loaded?

We suspect that the bug is linked to the save system.

No it wasn't a loaded save, this occured on a brand new run.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment