Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Message "Can't buy item: Not Enough Dust" even with plenty of dust

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jun 25, 2014, 4:29:45 PM
Description

1) I already found an Occam's Gauge in floor 5 (Easy Mode) earlier in a chest before finding the merchant.

2) It is equipped on Sara Numas. I want to equip the Occam's Gauge available in the shop to Troe with this item.

3) Upon Clicking the item in the shop pop-up, Troe's sword-placeholder glows showing compatibility (sword type)

4) Double-Clicking or clicking Buy button shows the error message Can't buy item: Not Enough Dust. I have 170+ smiley: lol.png" alt="smiley: smiley: lol" title="smiley: lol" />

5) Other items can be bought.

Version: Beta 0.8.7

Screenshot

Output Log, Diagnostics, Registry are attached in the zip file.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 25, 2014, 7:43:10 PM
This isn't a bug. You need to un-power the rooms so that you have Dust to spend on your items. In your example it says you have 174 dust, but only 1 room un-powered. Since each room cost 10 dust to light, you have only 14 dust to spend. And that sword you're interested in cost 23 dust. Un-powering 1 additional room will allow you to purchase that item.

I did read what you said, but your image example says otherwise. If you understand this concept, then let me express my apologies for butting in. But I'd suggest posting a better example picture for the DEV team, it is hardly readable and doesn't coincide with your issue.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 26, 2014, 2:09:47 AM
Zigeye wrote:
This isn't a bug. You need to un-power the rooms so that you have Dust to spend on your items. In your example it says you have 174 dust, but only 1 room un-powered. Since each room cost 10 dust to light, you have only 14 dust to spend. And that sword you're interested in cost 23 dust. Un-powering 1 additional room will allow you to purchase that item.

Hi Zigeye! Thanks for the quick reply!

I had absolutely no idea that you had to un-power the rooms in order to spend dust now!!! smiley: sarcastic

As I am playing it after a long interval and I had played an earlier alpha version where buying would auto shutdown rooms so I was under the impression of that smiley: stickouttongue

Yea I tried now after un-powering it works now smiley: wink

Thanks a lot!

PS: Would like to play multiplayer with you someday! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment