Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Shrapnellizer 2 While Paused

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Aug 22, 2014, 5:45:59 PM
Version: 0.8.7 BETA

Hello.

I recently encountered a bug which caused enemies which were supposed to be dead to remain there, flickering. The sound of the ability used to kill them was also repeating.

Unfortunately, I only thought to report the bug after finishing the level, because I saw that the number of enemies I had killed had gone from a few hundred to over fifty-eight thousand, so my savegame file is for the start of the next level.

However, looking at the diagnostics .html file, there is probably still information of the bug. The .html file is about 264MB in size, with legions of angry red error messages. It only compresses to as little as about 2-3 MB, which exceeds the upload limit for .zip files in this forum, so I cannot upload it.

So here is the Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/81gasgdqym7gs4g/A%20bug.zip?dl=0

Information:

- Escape Pod Level 8

- Ability used: Shrapnellizer 2 (Elise Ness Level 10)

- Enemies: I do not remember everything, but most, if not all, of the affected enemies were flying red crystals.

Description:

It was a long room (rectangular with the long sides facing left and right). I had a dead LAN major module, and 3 minor modules (cannot remember exactly which ones, but I think a suppression and 2 dust field generators). I paused the game and activated shrapnellizer 2, and after resuming, the floating crystals were still there, but flickering and not advancing. The game treated them as dead, because I could still exit combat. The shrapnellizer sound effects were repeating as well. The game was also noticeably laggy when viewing the area they were in. After that I just finished the level, which I could successfully. After that point, the errors stopped. So, the bug does not prevent you from completing a level.

I hope this helps; all the best solving it.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Aug 26, 2014, 10:43:18 AM
Hello GenericEntity and welcome on the forums! smiley: smile

Thanks for for the accuracy of your report! It should be fixed in the next update.

Cheers,
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment