Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

No exit ???

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 5, 2014, 11:43:57 PM
Just had a brief look at the DungeonConfig_Level3.xml in /Public/Configuration

The section about the exit-spawning was commented out. This means that between the last and this patch they must've changed the way how the Exit is generated to something new.

And apparently that something new was not properly tested. smiley: ohh
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 6, 2014, 1:38:38 AM
Same (or similar) issue. I'm currently on Level 4, and have opened all doors possible and there is not Exit. Didn't they implement a 5th Level in this latest update (0.1.20)? What happens when you do finally beat the game? Anything? lol smiley: smile

I'm a little excited, because this is my first time making it through Level 4, lol.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 6, 2014, 3:05:08 AM
Yeah I'm having the same issue too on level 5. Do you guys want my savegame? Also there is a big square room on level 5 I can't enter and mobs can't leave, had to clear it out with bomb modules to save. But yeah all the doors on the map are opened.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 6, 2014, 7:09:44 AM
I can confirm that the exit does appear. I did have one level on my second playthrough today (after beating level 5) where the exit was the last room opened on the level. They stated in the changelog that exits are now generated on a per-room basis, not per-level; i.e. in older versions, the exit was generated at the start of each level, and in this one it rolls for exit creation each room you open to see if that room is the exit. Suppose it's possible it never rolls for exit, but at least in my complete playthrough that didn't happen. Suggest further analysis.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 6, 2014, 8:44:22 AM
leracos wrote:
They stated in the changelog that exits are now generated on a per-room basis, not per-level; i.e. in older versions, the exit was generated at the start of each level, and in this one it rolls for exit creation each room you open to see if that room is the exit. Suppose it's possible it never rolls for exit, but at least in my complete playthrough that didn't happen.

Actually it's exactly the other way around. In old versions it was like this:

Door 1-29 => 0% chance to find the exit

Door 30-33 => 60% chance to find the exit

Door 34 => 100% chance to find the exit

This would make sure that you'll always find the exit but it made very predictable and allowed you to preserve doors near the entry in order to force the exit to spawn really close to it.

I think the new way is supposed to generate it at the beginning. But apparently that's not always working as intended.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 6, 2014, 9:12:24 AM
Hi guys,

The issue was related to the save. We're working on a hotfix and we'll let you know when it's available.

Edit: please note that you won't be able to load your save and will then need to start from scratch.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 6, 2014, 9:18:02 AM
Hahahaha, no exit and no mercy for those who voted for Skroig in the previous G2G poll! Hiding in the darkness Burf hits the exit door really hard, - and you're doomed to die in the dungeon, screaming and full of regrets. Everyone who didn't help the mighty philosopher to appear in the game will suffer the same fate and even hundreds of feeble pseudo-musketeers wearing red scarves won't stop Burf from taking his revenge!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 6, 2014, 9:47:40 AM
The patch is available: if you restart Steam, your game should download the new update [0.1.21].
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 7, 2014, 2:57:49 AM
I have now encountered this issue as well. Attaching the relevant files; happened on level 4, not 5, but little consolation; I was in great shape to beat it again. Alpha client is version 0.1.21 in my bug. I did not start from a save, far as I can remember. I usually start fresh each day.

Exit_Vanishing.rar

Below image shows the last door I opened, which was the final one, and although it reported that it was the exit it did not spawn correctly.

0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 7, 2014, 9:46:06 AM
Hi,

We can read in your logs that you have loaded a save smiley: wink

If it's a save made in the 0.1.20 version, this bug is normal.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 8, 2014, 6:55:02 AM
Excellent, thank you for confirming. Will let you know if it crops up again, couldn't quite remember if I had loaded a save that day or not. I usually finish my stream by completing the dungeon.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment