Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

No saves in MP and problems with items

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Oct 17, 2014, 5:22:00 PM
I've just tried the mp with a friend of mine. It seems to be way more fun, than we both first thought, but unfortunatly there is no option to save. Will it be in the release build?

Moreover we had a problem with the merchants. One time both of us lost ressources for an item I was buying and another time I lost the ressources for the item my friend was buying, while he didn't lose anything.

In addition to that I have a few questions:

Will it be possible, to give items to friends? For example all players would share the same backpack.

Will it be possible to switch heroes among each other? Playing with one partner creates the problem of one player having 3 heroes and the other player only 1, so that certainly sooner or later one of the 3 will die through failing micromanagement. Both player having two heroes would solve the problem.

Will it be possible to see, how much ressources the other players have?

If these features aren't planned yet, I want to suggest them, because I felt like they are missing in the first session already.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 17, 2014, 9:08:26 PM
I played for a few hours last night with a few of my friends while waiting for the playstation network to come back up. I've put about 40 hours into the game, and enjoy it enormously, and can't wait to play with friends and get a good feel for the multiplayer.

These are the problems that we ran into as well.

There's also the issue of research modules displaying different research to different players, I'm not really sure what effect it has on resource generation to have to pull two heroes away to check available research instead of leaving one of them to operate, but it seems like an extra step. If one player has a hero at a research module/merchant/stele all players should probably be able to check available research/merchant inventory/stele effects.

I'm also not sold on the chat bubbles above heroes heads, they do a good job of obscuring what's going on in the game(particularly if more than two players are talking in the same room at once), and since different players aren't necessarily going to be centered on another players hero to see the bubble, It doesn't seem needed. Chat also gets lost in game notifications very quickly. Perhaps setting each players text as a different color/bold would resolve this.

I really really hope saving is incorporated into the multiplayer, or at least when a player drops(which happened several times) the ability to rejoin a session in progress like in Endless Space.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 18, 2014, 2:01:22 AM
Players joining an active game will apparently not make it in for launch. (As per the twitch session on Monday)

That most likely means that there will be no saving at launch either.

I certainly hope we'll get a shared inventory/backpack.

Switching heroes would be nice, so that if One player has two and the other loses their heroes, they can get one. I do not see how one player can have recruited 3 heroes - sounds like an issue in communication, playstyle or attitude. As resources can be traded, I'd expect a friend ina two player coop game to trade me food so I could get a second character if they already have two.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 19, 2014, 5:46:44 PM
While playing again, I have found out, that is it not possible, to have 3 heroes on one player, but the problem remains:

If one player has only one hero operating an major modul, he has to abort this to get the hero. Especially in higher levels it seems not to be worth it.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 20, 2014, 2:34:13 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback smiley: smile

Saving MP games is indeed a heavy feature for the release, but we will think about it for after the release.

I will add your suggestions in our multiplayer improvements list (which will be published soon).
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment