Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Games don't save

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Sep 19, 2014, 11:14:53 PM
When I save and leave an unfinished game, the save is only good if I don't close down the entire game program. Otherwise, when I reopen the game, my only option is a new game.

Likewise, I never hold onto heroes I've unlocked. Everytime I start I new game, I'm back to the original four.

This has been going on for some time, and it's possibly related to my buying and loading the founder's pack. Or to the major upgrade earlier in the year. Previously I had saved games successfully and accumulated all the heroes.

I've tried deleting all local content and reinstalling in a different partition in my hard drive, but that didn't fix the problem.

I purchased the game through Steam and play synched with Steam. I have a Windows 7 PC.

Can you help?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 20, 2014, 12:04:31 AM
Your savegames should be stored in this folder:

\Documents\Dungeon of the Endless\USERS[steamIDnumber]

Can you check what files are in there and perhaps upload a zip/rar file with the registry and profile files you should find there? That might help the devs find the issue when they get in on Monday morning. (right now it is 2am night of Friday to Saturday where they live smiley: smile )
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Sep 22, 2014, 12:23:01 PM
Hi,

We apologise for the inconvenience, thanks for the files (and thanks melkathi!).

Could you please follow these steps?

[LIST=1]
  • Launch Dungeon of the Endless
  • Start a new game
  • Save and quit the game
  • Quit Dungeon of the Endless
  • Launch Dungeon of the Endless
  • Quit Dungeon of the Endless
  • Send us the output log ([Steaminstalldir]/Steamapps/Common/Dungeon of the Endless/DungeonoftheEndless_Data/output_log.txt)
  • Send us the two last (check the date created) Diagnostics.html ([Documentsdir]/Dungeon of the Endless/Temporary Files/Diagnostics*.html)

• [/LIST]

Thanks!
    0Send private message
    0Send private message
    10 years ago
    Sep 23, 2014, 4:16:07 PM
    Hi,

2 things to try:

- Verify your game files: right click on the game in your Steam Library > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache

- Remove the directory C:\Users[User]\Documents\Dungeon of the Endless
    0Send private message
    10 years ago
    Sep 23, 2014, 5:18:40 PM
    I tried both things. Neither of them works.

The one thing I didn't do was reboot. I can't do that right now, because I'm in the middle of a project. I'll try that later today.

I'm getting really good at playing the first few levels (and a few complete games) with Opbot, Sara, Max and Nurse Ratchett, so it's not all bad.

khatalyst
    0Send private message
    10 years ago
    Sep 23, 2014, 11:41:55 PM
    Update. I rebooted. No change. Saved games still disappear if I close out of the game program, and restart it. I'm back to starting a new game.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

khatalyst
    0Send private message
    10 years ago
    Sep 24, 2014, 1:12:27 PM
    Might be an issue with your saves folder being set to read-only mode. Try this:

Go to

C:\Users[User]\Documents

Right click the Dungeon of the Endless folder --> properties

Turn off 'Read-only mode'
    0Send private message
    10 years ago
    Oct 27, 2014, 11:52:22 PM
    I have exatly the same problem: If I leave the game (v1.0.15), when I launch DOTE: the save and the progression (unlock characters) disappeared. smiley: confused

After try the Mysterarts / Lethys proposals nothing is changing:

- Verify your game files: right click on the game in your Steam Library > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache

- Remove the directory C:\Users[User]\Documents\Dungeon of the Endless

- Right click the Dungeon of the Endless folder --> properties / Turn off 'Read-only mode'
    Readme.txt
    Diagnostics_20141028_003235.html.txt
    Diagnostics_20141028_003143.html.txt
    0Send private message
    ?

Click here to login

Comment