Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Inventory issues

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Nov 2, 2014, 11:46:45 AM
v.1.0.15, Win8.1_64

Sometimes items in backpack or inventory won't equip on heroes. I'll try to update the sequence later.

Save&Quit > Continue helps.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 2, 2014, 2:04:57 PM
I have encountered same bug. It might be related to trying to buy an item directly into a hero's inventory when they already have an item of that type equipped, but I'm not confident.

More alarmingly, I was able two dupe an aftershave twice in a row somehow when clicking around frantically. I panicked, saved/loaded and still had one aftershave equipped and two duped items in my inventory. I sold the dupes to a merchant for big money cause I couldn't help myself (but I made myself stop trying to get more dupes). Please fix for those of us with little self-control! smiley: cry
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 2, 2014, 4:29:23 PM
qbert911 wrote:
I have encountered same bug. It might be related to trying to buy an item directly into a hero's inventory when they already have an item of that type equipped, but I'm not confident.

More alarmingly, I was able two dupe an aftershave twice in a row somehow when clicking around frantically. I panicked, saved/loaded and still had one aftershave equipped and two duped items in my inventory. I sold the dupes to a merchant for big money cause I couldn't help myself (but I made myself stop trying to get more dupes). Please fix for those of us with little self-control! smiley: cry

I don't think this is the reason honestly. What I have noticed is every time this occurs, there is a brief pause, like the game is trying to do something, but it fails and generates a crash report. After this the item cannot be equipped or sold until you Save + Quit and Continue. However I cannot find any such crash reports for this.

I've had this happen when (un)equipping characters, equipping straight from the merchant's buy and sell tabs, with double clicking to equip, and just single click and click the destination. All equipping actions have a chance to trigger this.

This is a very annoying bug, but due to the fact that there is an easy work-around, it is not critical. However I would like to see it fixed.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 2, 2014, 6:51:04 PM
But it doesn't work well in multiplayer, you can't really save and continue. Would item sharing (like giving someone else item I don't need) be added in the future?
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 3, 2014, 3:16:25 AM
some_idiot21 wrote:
But it doesn't work well in multiplayer, you can't really save and continue. Would item sharing (like giving someone else item I don't need) be added in the future?

That saving and quitting is a valid work-around in single player should help narrow down what causes it, as the bug itself is not saved to the save file. Hopefully it will be fixed and multiplayer will be corrected at the same time.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 4, 2014, 2:09:19 AM
It might be related to trying to buy an item directly into a hero's inventory when they already have an item of that type equipped, but I'm not confident.

I have run into this same issue several times. I can confirm it always seems to happen after I have bought an item from the store by dragging it on to one of my hero's equipment slots. Saving and quitting then reloading has always fixed the issue for me.

I'm on OSX so this seems to be a cross platform issue. I will try and see if I can create a save file where I can consistently load it and describe the steps to create this problem.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 4, 2014, 2:55:43 PM
Hello there,

Trin wrote:
I have run into this same issue several times. I can confirm it always seems to happen after I have bought an item from the store by dragging it on to one of my hero's equipment slots. Saving and quitting then reloading has always fixed the issue for me.

I'm on OSX so this seems to be a cross platform issue. I will try and see if I can create a save file where I can consistently load it and describe the steps to create this problem.

It would be really interesting if you could give us this save! smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 4, 2014, 3:58:54 PM
+1 here.

For duplicate items , it happened to me , but the dupe was effectless.

Now , I have an idea here.

First , I thought it was very logical , I mean you shouldn't change items "endlessly". There must be limit for each level may be , because then you just equip that item in combat and that

item in operating , etc... This should actually making the game more easy to mind. If you do this , a counter on screen for item change should be good , however.

But then later I found that this was actually a bug , it was random. I still like to think there should be a limit in item changing.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 4, 2014, 8:49:09 PM
At first I thought the bug was merchant-related, but now it seems to be completely random. While it happens in the (no-battle) part of the game it's ok - annoying, since you need to close and reopen the game, but ok.

The big problem happens when you want or need to shift an item into a character - like add the aftershave to a character with low life, or add a combat-related item to an operator when you call him to the frontline (like OpBot).
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment