Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Won't Start - OSX

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Oct 28, 2014, 3:50:25 AM
Mac OSX: Game started fine the first time. Second time I launched the game, it went to a black screen, then it changes to a white screen with a game-based mouse cursor, but it never makes it past this point. I have to Force Quit. I've deleted Steam files for the game a few times, but don't know how to remove Save Game or options, if that's saved elsewhere on OSX. I've gotten to play this game a whole 10 minutes!! Tried the "-novideo" option, and my Steam username is the same as my username here, so none of the regular issues shown in the common problems apply to me. Help?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 28, 2014, 11:48:08 AM
Hello!

We would like to have more information in order to fix this issue.

Could you please provide all of these files (zip and attach to your post):

• OUTPUT LOG - [Steaminstalldir]/Steamapps/Common/Dungeon of the Endless/DungeonoftheEndless_Data/output_log.txt
  • DIAGNOSTICS.HTML - [Documentsdir]/Dungeon of the Endless/Temporary Files/Diagnostics*.html

Thank you.

Please note that you need to zip and compress in a folder your documents and then attach it to your thread (simply attaching a .sav or other extensions will not work). Do not try to copy and paste the content of your output log or others on your forums post either. Thank you!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 28, 2014, 12:37:31 PM
Is this a desktop or macbook? I had issues on my macbook pro, This was quickly remedied by changing my power option to full performance instead of battery saver. Still a little laggy during startup but the game plays greats with no lag.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 28, 2014, 7:39:40 PM
Saylawl wrote:
  • OUTPUT LOG - [Steaminstalldir]/Steamapps/Common/Dungeon of the Endless/DungeonoftheEndless_Data/output_log.txt

• output_log.txt doesn't exist in this location.

Saylawl wrote:
  • DIAGNOSTICS.HTML - [Documentsdir]/Dungeon of the Endless/Temporary Files/Diagnostics*.html

• This folder doesn't exist at all.

That said, I did figure out the problem: I'm on a MacBook Pro, which has two GFX processors. The Intel HD Graphics 4000 and the NVIDEA GeForce GT 650M. The game works just fine on the 650M if I use gfxCardStatus to force the system to use that processor. However, if it's set to default and has to SWITCH dynamically from the 4000 to the 650M, the game fails to load.
    0Send private message
    10 years ago
    Nov 6, 2014, 9:29:56 AM
    OobleckTheGreen wrote:

That said, I did figure out the problem: I'm on a MacBook Pro, which has two GFX processors. The Intel HD Graphics 4000 and the NVIDEA GeForce GT 650M. The game works just fine on the 650M if I use gfxCardStatus to force the system to use that processor. However, if it's set to default and has to SWITCH dynamically from the 4000 to the 650M, the game fails to load.

Nailed it, thanks Oobleck! For anyone finding this you can download gfxCardStatus at http://gfx.io/
    0Send private message
    10 years ago
    Nov 6, 2014, 4:17:49 PM
    OobleckTheGreen wrote:
    output_log.txt doesn't exist in this location.

This folder doesn't exist at all.

Yes, I gave you the PC location of the game, my mistake.

Here is for Mac:

- Player.log (via the OSX Console) - ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

- Diagnostics.*.html - ~Library/Application Support/EndlessLegend/Temporary Files/

And thank you for the solution! smiley: wink
    0Send private message
    ?

Click here to login

Comment