Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Possible reason for the multiplayer desyncs

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Nov 14, 2014, 10:10:21 AM
Hi everyone,

At the creation of a level a check seems to be being made for all connected clients which is failing 10% of the time ruining games.

Is there a fix or work-around going for this, as it's basically ruined the game for me smiley: frown

Many thanks,

Luke

Full Story

I've always wanted a good multiplayer Rouge-like and when I saw this I brought one for myself and a friend to find out more... I fell in love instantly and brought it for a 3rd friend... but this is when trouble started. We started getting further and further, always reaching 5/6 floor... but then one or both of the non-hosts would leave the game. Every... single... time.

Now it ALWAYS happens at the same time: at the start of a level. Since all of us come from programming backgrounds we did a few tests and I have come to the following conclusion:

1) All 3 of us are 100% connected on the elevator animated "results" screen.

2) All 3 of us see the loading screen once the next button is clicked

3) Not all 3 of us make it into the level. This is apparent due to the fact one of us had a character who was 2/3 levels complete. This level meant they unlocked this character! But when they went to their menu... nope. So the game DID NOT REGISTER them making it to that floor, at all.

My current theory: I've not sharked the packets yet but I'm convinced the host loads the level then checks in with his fellow players. If they don't respond on this SINGULAR check (or looped check with no real delays) then they are considered dropped. This can be for many reasons, I won't go into the workings of the interwebs but it seems like this check, performed during the creation of the level is where the failure is.

Either way, this has actually made me and my friends give up after playing somewhere around 12 hours over the last few days and whenever it was getting really interesting... one would dc. This person either had the 2nd character (so we lost 2) half the resources (so we lost most of it) or even half the research. I know we could get around this by stockpiling all the stuff on the host... but that makes it really unfair on the other players.

I really want to love this game, please help smiley: smile
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 14, 2014, 10:30:16 AM
Just saw the "how to report" thread and I will update will all that stuff when I get home (on lunch at work atm)
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment