Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[1.0.15] Won't load/cave screen crash.

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Oct 28, 2014, 6:54:41 AM
Game crashes after amplitude logo (cave screen) (Win 8.1)

Previously worked fine.

Only things that have changed recently. Video card removed (warranty). 4600 onboard (I'm sure it was working with onboard during beta when I was first having card issues)

Aplitude 'video' before the cave screen had no sound

Tried verifying and deleting old folder in My Documents.

Tried changing name in steam, also running steam as admin with no luck.

No registry.xml file ('steamid' is just random numbers?, only UserProfile.pfl created)

Diagnostic files are blank.

Attached is output file and 'temp files folder'
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 31, 2014, 2:31:50 AM
Tried reinstalling from steam, running the re distributable from the folder.

Below is a paste from event log, searching for it only resulted in Office IME having a conflict with it in early beta builds (which I don't have, nor did I have a problem in early builds) and changing the keyboard input to US standard fixed for them (didn't for me)

[CODE]Faulting application name: DungeonoftheEndless.exe, version: 4.5.4.31047, time stamp: 0x54096d68

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17278, time stamp: 0x53eeb4a3

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0003d062

Faulting process ID: 0x1ca4

Faulting application start time: 0x01cff4b1f9536fa5

Faulting application path: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeon of the Endless\DungeonoftheEndless.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Report ID: 39296c8c-60a5-11e4-82b6-d43d7ee35969

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID: [/CODE]
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 8, 2014, 10:30:27 PM
Anything else I can try?

Ran a system file scan to check if ntdll.dll was corrupt (recommended from post on microsoft support) and came back no violations.

Could it have something to do with the onboard video at the moment? Seems to be the only thing that has somewhat changed in the last couple weeks. Yet no other games are effected.

(currently trying to open directly from steam directory, crashes on cave screen. yet no message in event log, diag files are still 0kb empty files.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 13, 2014, 1:37:20 PM
Hello Breet,

I apologize for the late answer.

I gave your files to the technical team.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 13, 2014, 1:49:30 PM
I would recommend to uninstall the game, install the latest video card drivers and re-install the game.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 15, 2014, 12:03:10 PM
Hi GFX47.

I uninstalled (via steam) and checked for updates (threw windows update at first, then actually going to intels site for their onboard drivers and updated with their manager app). Reinstalled and downloaded. Still getting the same issue/error.

Does the game hate onboard video that much? (other games run fine). I also noticed a couple other posts on cavescreen crash seemed to be using onboard video.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 17, 2014, 11:03:16 AM
Hello Breet,

It seems that a player has found a workaround here

Could you please try this command and tell us if it works:

Try adding "-force-d3d11" to the launch options in the game properties.

Thank you.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment