Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[1.0.15] Weird resolution bug (also, album unfit for non-widescreen resolution)

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Oct 27, 2014, 11:04:23 PM
The game is stuck at some weird resolution and none of the resolution options change anything. Regardless of what I chose, the screen stays weirdly streched out. I tried forcing different resolution via game properties - to no effect.

It wasn't like this before, previously the "best pixel count resolution something something" would add black bars to my monitor and keep the game look normal. Now it just doesn't work.

If you look carefully at the screenshot, you can also notice that the mouse turns into a regular windows mouse below a certain height on the screen. Above ~1/3rd of the screen's height it turns back into a DotE mouse.

Also, I know how I caused this bug - I was messing around with my desktop resolution to see if DotE's album scales properly on monitors with a resolution that's different then 16:9 (conclusion: it does not, it cuts away large chunks of the album). I changed my resolution to 1280 by 720. Sadly, it looks like the game doesn't realise that I changed it back later. Restarts (including system restarts) and file validation didn't help.

Diagnostics_20141027_233654.zip

save and registry.zip

output_log.txt

PS.: All of this could've been avoided if we had proper resolution options... just sayin' smiley: sarcastic
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 27, 2014, 11:52:01 PM
I kind of have the same issue here. The resolution is stuck at 1280x720 and my native is 1920x1080. Scale/3d settings workaround doesn't help, menu options do not work.

UPDATE: SOLVED!

[DISCLAIMER]

Do this only if you're comfortable using REGEDIT and you know how to edit KEYS and DWORDs... in HEXA or DECIMAL... otherwise... STAY AWAY FROM THIS! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

[/DISCLAIMER]

Here's what I did:

Run -> Regedit

Find -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AMPLITUDE Studios\Dungeon of the Endless

Change ->

Enjoy!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 1, 2014, 1:00:00 PM
I kind of had the same issue too.

The resolution options were doing absolutely nothing and the UI looked stretched and blurred.

Turns out the game was internally rendering everything at 1920x1080 and stretching to 2560x1080 (21:9).

Manually fixed it by changing the registry keys. Now the game actually looks proper, and a lot better even stretched to fit the aspect ratio.

Seems to be a remnant of having an older version installed when I last played on a 16:10 display.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 8, 2014, 4:06:07 PM
I'd like to emphasize here once more that the album is badly cropped on many machines, including mine with a 4:3 screen resolution. I've uploaded a screenshot here for you -

and would like to see it fixed in the next version. Thanks!
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 16, 2014, 2:33:49 PM
I'm not happy at all with the first aid kit patch. OK, I can see all of the album now (though I don't get why you had to distort it instead of letterbox it, that's an unnecessarily ugly solution).

What really bugs me is that I could play the game letterboxed with full size, and you've taken that away from me. Now I have to decide between playing on a little box in the center of my screen ("pixel perfect") and playing with distorted graphics.

This is a glaring case of improvement for the worse!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 19, 2014, 4:42:34 PM
I'm having the same problem, here's hoping they either crop or letterbox again.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment