Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[1.0.23] Multiplayer - Freezing on level change

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Nov 18, 2014, 11:58:15 AM
Hi,

I've played several games of DotE with a few friends. We all love the game, but have been dissapointed by the stability of multiplayer. Most of it seemed to be fixed by the most recent patch (1.0.23), but one significant issue remains. Every time that we've got further than level 3 or 4 (yes, it's not uncommon for us to fail horribly before then because one of us stops paying attention), sooner or later, the game freezes. Specifically, all of us reach the loading screen, and get to 100%, but then it just sits there (first time we left it at least 10 minutes on 100%).

Unfortunately, I didn't read the 'how to post a bug report' post before we played, so I didn't save the logs or anything before starting a new game, but it's definitely happened at least once with 3 players, and at least once with 2 players. At least twice it happened when we were loading level 8. Also, in each case, as soon as one player Alt-F4'd, the remaining players loaded into the next level instantly - the player who left in each case was different, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't a single player's computer/connection etc.

Anyway, awesome singleplayer game, and I look forward to it being an awesome multiplayer one too. And if it does happen again, I'll make sure to grab whatever log file I can smiley: wink.

Shadow
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 23, 2014, 10:28:03 AM
Had the freeze again today. 3 Players, got to floor 2, one player's only character died, but the other 2 of us finished the floor. After the elevator scene, all 3 of us reached 'Waiting for other players - 100%' on the loading screen, but then it did nothing for several minutes. In case it's important - the player who died was not the host. None of the characters were the same as previous crashes.

Log, diagnostics and registry files attached.
output_log.txt
Diagnostics_20141123_093149.txt
Registry.txt
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment