Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Dungeon Of the Endless on Macintosh

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Nov 15, 2014, 3:46:30 AM
As happy as I am that a version of DotE was released for mac, as I play on both mac and PC, the mac version is seriously in need of some attention.

I'm using a 2012 macbook pro to test performance.

The UI is extremely slow.

The game itself is extremely slow

- Before the official mac release, I played DotE in a winewrapped version of steam, and the game did not run slowly at all. If I play the current version in wine, the performance level is better as well, with limitations due to wine. So the game needs to be optimized for the mac environment.

Keyboard shortcuts do not work at all, including wasd for camera movement, healing, selecting characters, and building.

The game does not always go into fullscreen mode when it is started.

With the recent bug fix release that added keymapping, (thanks for that, it's a great addition) I tried mapping the keys individually to my keyboard, and what's strange is that the options menu recognizes my keyboard input, but in-game, my keyboard doesn't work.

I hope that you guys can release an update for macintosh computers next that will fix broken game elements and optimize performance.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 25, 2014, 3:52:44 AM
I agree. Thank you for providing Mac support, but on my 2014 13" rMBP the UI is slow to the point that it is unusable. My specs are as follows:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Boot ROM Version: MBP111.0138.B07

SMC Version (system): 2.16f63

System Software Overview:

System Version: OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)

Kernel Version: Darwin 13.4.0

Boot Volume: Macintosh HD

Boot Mode: Normal

Yes I have integrated graphics, but we're talking about the UI *before* getting into the game here.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 29, 2014, 2:01:48 PM
I'm disappointed to see that this thread has yet to receive a reply from the developers, as I'm suffering a similar problem.

I recently bought the game during a Steam sale, and it is completely unplayable for me, despite my machine having the minimum specs. Even getting around the title screen is next to impossible, due to the frame loss, causing the cursor to lag significantly.

Here are my specs:

2009 Macbook Pro

Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel ore 2 Duo

Memory: 4 GB

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

Obviously, I wasn't expecting the game to run lightning fast with just the minimum specs, but I didn't think it would be unplayable. Going by Keterei's post (in which they mention a Wineskin version of the game playing perfectly fine), this points to this being an optimisation problem.

I must admit, I am highly disappointed by this and, if this were a retail release, I'd be looking for a refund.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 1, 2014, 1:02:42 PM
Sorry for the bump, but are we going to get any reply from the developers about this at all?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 1, 2014, 5:27:01 PM
Hello there,

Please understand that we are a small team and we do not work during the weekend.

We reported this issue to our MAC developer.

Could you please also provide us the file below?

DIAGNOSTICS.HTML

• For PC: [Documentsdir]/Dungeon of the Endless/Temporary Files/Diagnostics*.html
  • For MAC: Diagnostics.*.html - ~Library/Application Support/Dungeon of the Endless/Temporary Files/

Thank you.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment