Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Stuck at Main Menu.

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Nov 28, 2014, 3:38:39 PM
I've tried to install, uninstall and reinstall DotE a few times now and first time i started the game, i got a wrong resolution that didn't show the full screen (it was stretched beyond screen capacity, which is 1048/768 res), but ever since then, whenever i start up the game all i get is:

DUNGEON

of the

ENDLESS

with no menu what so ever to interact with. the music is playing and everything, but there's no menu to interact with.

is this a bug of some kind or am i just retarded and missed something obvious?

This is the screen and it just remains like that with the BGM plaing along and the image remaining 'active' with the pixelation and effects still working. i just have no Menu at all.

if anyone knows what's wrong, please do tell me so i know it's not just me F'ing something up.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 29, 2014, 9:22:24 AM
same thing here, using win8.1, it happens when i run under -force-opengl.

when i run with no parameters the screen is just black, music is on and i can blindly start the game, select characters, the new game starts but i only hear sounds and no graphics are displayed, just black screen.

can you plise give parameters to run with so we can start game with 1024x768 resolution? or any smaller than ~2000/1500
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 29, 2014, 9:31:32 AM
bro, try -force-opengl and then if you have artifacts use [ALT]+[TAB] combination twice, it helped me o.O
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 29, 2014, 9:40:44 AM
well it fixes the problem only partially, because now when i open the game under -force-opengl i cant see my characters, level floors are pink, the game is unplayable. under -force-fxd11 i have black screen in main menu with music, the same situation occures with no parameters preset
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 30, 2014, 2:38:21 PM
I found a fix for the lack of UI in the main menu.

Go delete your Registry.ini file, then go Verify Integrity of the Game Cache.

It fixed it for me.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 30, 2014, 6:45:20 PM
Same here, I just bought the game, booted it up and it seemed to work fine until I changed the resolution from 1080p to downscaled 4k. It actually didn't work (it still runs at 1080, no DSR) but after that the main menu disappeared and now I'm stuck at the splash screen. I've tried forcing dx11, I've tried forcing opengl, I've tried the -novideo parameter, I've tried disabling AA in Nvidia 3d Settings (as this can sometimes make text and menus disappear), I've tried reinstalling the game, verifying game cache. I've tried EVERYTHING but I can't get it to work. The output log doesn't look promising either: http://pastebin.com/Ap6Fd3hb. Can't say I'm really happy about this. Seems like a LOT of people have had this problem since the alpha last year. Don't make me stop loving you, Amplitude.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 2, 2014, 2:35:11 PM
Hello there,

We are working on the issues related to openGL and DirectX.

spamb0t wrote:
Same here, I just bought the game, booted it up and it seemed to work fine until I changed the resolution from 1080p to downscaled 4k. It actually didn't work (it still runs at 1080, no DSR) but after that the main menu disappeared and now I'm stuck at the splash screen. I've tried forcing dx11, I've tried forcing opengl, I've tried the -novideo parameter, I've tried disabling AA in Nvidia 3d Settings (as this can sometimes make text and menus disappear), I've tried reinstalling the game, verifying game cache. I've tried EVERYTHING but I can't get it to work. The output log doesn't look promising either: http://pastebin.com/Ap6Fd3hb. Can't say I'm really happy about this. Seems like a LOT of people have had this problem since the alpha last year. Don't make me stop loving you, Amplitude.

If the issue appeared after a modification in the options, I suggest you to test this: delete the Registry.xml file in the repertory user. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. smiley: frown
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment