Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Game frequently crashes when going to next floor

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Dec 22, 2014, 12:53:45 AM
Love the game, the crashes are killing me though! Worse still is that I lose my whole game when it crashes (unless I save & quit every floor). Would it be possible to have an auto-save when you click on the button to go to the next floor?

Description: game crashes to desktop when transitioning to next floor (usually after you complete the dialogue on the elevator and click 'next floor')

Version: 1.0.25

Game Save: n/a

Output log: attached

Diagnostics: several files attached, all caused by same crash/issue

Registry: attached

Hope this helps. Again, love the game! DotE crash log files.zip

edit: other specs that might be useful are:

CPU: Intel i7-4700MQ @ 2.40GHz

RAM: 4gb

GFX: Intel HD Graphics 4600

0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 25, 2014, 4:08:14 AM
Yep, as much as I love this game, I'm finished playing it until the crashes are fixed. Managed to get to level 7 without a crash, hit save & quit before I picked up the crystal like I had been doing every level before, clicked continue at the main menu, picked up the crystal, made it to the exit and got to the elevator screen, game crashed, and then the 'continue' button is greyed out on the main screen when I restart it. smiley: frown

Terrific game, but whatever is causing such bad stability issues with my computer has made it unplayable smiley: frown Sometimes it crashes when I click Save & Quit!

I even tried to cheat and made a copy of my save file in a different directory, then moved it back in once the game inevitably crashed again, but that didn't work. Even just a temporary workaround (like not deleting saves until the game is more stable) would be fine. Here's hoping you fix it or come up with something temporary next patch. Until then, sadly I won't be playing!

It does show how good the game is though: after the first couple of crashes I would have deleted any other game. So that's good I guess? smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 26, 2014, 11:29:36 AM
So it did....here we go.

The issue - The game crashed and returned to desktop just after I clicked "Next Floor"

Specs - Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit (Japanese edition), intel i7 cpu 870@2.93GHz, 3.3 GB RAM, GTX 650 Ti

Version - 1.025

GAME SAVE - Thanks to the crash, it's GONE! I have to start over again!

OUTPUT LOG - attached

DIAGNOSTICS.HTML - attached

REGISTRY.XML - attached

Resolution - 1920 x 1080

Screenshots - The crash happened just after I clicked "Next Floor" so I couldn't take any screenshots.

attached files.zip
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 30, 2014, 11:54:31 AM
I'm getting this allot too, made it to about level 6 at best before it's crashed, often it's level 3 or 4. I've attached a few of the bug reports (at least I think that's the right bit, if not let me know and I'll take another look around). Thanks.

Bug Reports.zip
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 1, 2015, 12:37:59 PM
so there are a lot who got this problem.

ok, i love this game, but with all the crash when going to the next floor made me couldn't unlock new character smiley: frown

DESCRIPTION - Game crash when going to next level

VERSION - 1.0.25

GAME SAVE - Couldn't find any save game data, the game always restart after crash, can't continue at all even after "save and quit"

OUTPUT LOG

For PC: Attached

DIAGNOSTICS.HTML

For PC: Attached

REGISTRY.XML - Attached

SCREENSHOTS - No screenshot, the game crash suddenly
output_log.txt
Diagnostic.rar
Registry.rar
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 1, 2015, 2:36:16 PM
my game crashes often/always on the way to lvl 4

i get a blackscreen and i get a message from windows that the game doesnt respond

game version: 1.0.25

No gamesave

no screenshot

Attached zipfile:

report.zip
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment