Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Network connection issues

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Dec 30, 2014, 4:22:13 AM
Having lots of connection glitches on multiplayer...

- People will seem to disappear from the game, but really we end up running two instances and get double items, resources, etc

- When loading the next floor, people will get stuck in the loading screen and we won't be able to continue until the right person leaves the game

- When bringing the crystal to the exit, the runner will show that all people are in the room, but we still have people running to the exit. Then he/she clicks EXIT and people get left behind

- You get the gist of it..

I can't find the version, but it is the most up to date as of Dec. 29, 2014

As for diagnostics and registry, the game isn't crashing, so there's no error report. We just get a lot of network issues
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 2, 2015, 2:46:14 PM
I just had this as well. We also had rooms looking powered for some me, but mobs spawning in them (and I was the host). It was unplayable. :c
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 2, 2015, 11:08:28 PM
We're having the same problem. We tried with four different people hosting, and each time people would fall out of game, have a second instance of the game run at the same time, or the worst issue - getting stuck on the "waiting for other players" page in between levels. So sad when that happened after we recovered from a near party wipe and made a bunch more levels.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 3, 2015, 1:34:14 PM
I'm one of bluebogle's friends who started playing last night and was the key witness to most of the issues we had.

I live in the UK with a wired 64Mbps connection. bluebogle (US) also has a fast wired connection while our other two friends (also US) are wireless. When I hosted the game one of the wireless players dropped towards the end of the first floor when we picked up the crystal to transport to the elevator (basically when all hell was breaking loose). I didn't try hosting again.

After that we made him the host, but on successfully transporting the crystal on the first floor and one of us hitting the green 'Exit' button, I was left on the game screen with all the enemies trying to reach us in the final room, bizarrely with the elevator music playing. I think the other players were on the elevator screen before moving on to load the next floor. In this time, I actually got the elevator song achievement. Eventually the game moved me on to the loading screen with the others, only without me ever seeing the end-of-floor elevator screen, but it hung on 'Waiting for other players 100%'. This was pretty much the case whenever we finished a floor and one of the wireless players hosted. When I finally quit out, the other players that also seemed to be hung on that screen were able to get to the next floor and carry on without me.

When bluebogle hosted (remembering that he has a wired connection unlike the others), I managed to maintain my connection onto the second or third floor but all sorts of weird things started happening, prisoner prods not fully building on my screen (with the spinning cog spinning indefinitely), bluebogle moving through walls in straight lines towards his destination (he was the only survivor at this point). In one instance on the first floor, I was fighting lots of enemies that the other players were telling me we'd already killed. Then they saw me die in a room on my own.

It seems to me like we're falling out of sync with each other.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 4, 2015, 12:42:01 AM
We just tried again tonight with bluebogle hosting and another friend, so three of us in total, and had zero issues; it ran perfectly. So our problems previously could have been an anomaly or attributable to our original two friends, here's hoping it was just an anomaly. I'll keep this thread updated with further info.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 5, 2015, 8:58:07 PM
Third session, with just me and bluebogle, and unfortunately we encountered issues again.

On the first attempt we both got disconnected with a message saying that the other player had left. On the second attempt we got stuck on the loading screen again with the dreaded 'Waiting for other players 100%'. On quitting out, bluebogle was able to continue again.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 7, 2015, 11:58:15 PM
I have found the Multiplayer to be unplayable. One of the players frequently loses connection and the session is unrecoverable. I've played games with good robust net code, questionable net code, and net code so bad that multiplayer may as well not be an option.

I'm afraid this game is the third type. A pity, as it's so good and would take to multiplayer so well if it worked.

Sorry guys. I think we're SOL if anyone you are connecting to is outside of your timezone or otherwise has anything but 100% packet fidelity.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment