Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Game crashes at title screen (Mac)

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Dec 18, 2014, 12:15:20 AM
Hello! I was really looking forward to playing this game and it keeps crashing right after the first loading screen as the title screen comes up. Here's my crash log. Please help me out!

DOTE crash log.txt
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 18, 2014, 11:00:14 AM
Hello Porklit and welcome to the forum!

Could you please try those two commands in Steam: "-force-d3d11" and "-force-opengl"

Here is how to: Right click on Dungeon of the Endless on Steam > Properties > General > Define the launching options of the game > test one of the commands > Press "Ok" > Launch the game

Thank you for the . log file, could you also provide this file?

DIAGNOSTICS.HTML

• For PC: [Documentsdir]/Dungeon of the Endless/Temporary Files/Diagnostics*.html
  • For MAC: Diagnostics.*.html - ~Library/Application Support/Dungeon of the Endless/Temporary Files/

Thank you.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 20, 2014, 6:52:13 AM
Hi Saywal,

I've attached the Diagnostics file from my OSX install. I just installed the game and haven't been able to play it - it always crashes at the cave splash screen. I've tried disabling the Steam Community In-Game, the D3D11 launch option, and the OpenGL launch option - nothing has fixed it.

I really want to play your awesome game! Hopefully the Diagnostics file helps. Let me know if you need anything else from me.

GST
Diagnostics_20141219_223846.html.zip
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 23, 2014, 11:21:33 AM
Hello GoodShipTheseus and welcome to the forum! smiley: smile

Thank you a lot for your report, we will look into it!

Edit: Can you please make sure you have the latest drivers installed? If not, please update them!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 8, 2015, 4:16:58 PM
Hey, could you please try those two commands please? Here is how to: Right Click on Dungeon of the Endless in Steam > Select Properties > Define the launching options of the game > enter on command > Press Ok > Launch the game.

After that, you can test the other command.

Step 1: use -force-d3d11 to get the game to start. It will be super dark and borderline unplayable, but don't worry, you just need to do this to change it to windowed mode.

Step 2: Under video options, put it in windowed mode by deselecting the fullscreen checkbox, and choose a resolution that you like.

Step 3: Exit the game.

Step 4: Now, use -force-opengl and start the game. This will get rid of the lighting that d3d seems to have. The game should start, in windowed mode, and the lighting looks normal.

Cheers,
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment