Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Unable to set an optimal resolution.

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jan 5, 2015, 9:05:37 PM
I'm having resolution / aspect ratio issues on both Windows and Mac.

On my Macbook Pro (1920x1200 15" retina display), every available resolution is red (incorrect aspect ratio), even if I disable "fullscreen" mode. Why doesn't the game show me green resolutions? Especially in windowed mode, which should definitely list all green resolutions <= the actual resolution of the entire virtual desktop.

On my Mac, no matter what I do, the game appears stretched, and looks horrible.

On my Windows machine (3440x1440 16:9 display), some of the resolutions are green, but when I select them in fullscreen mode, my monitor doesn't display them properly, even though the monitor is configured to do so. In other games, when I set the resolution to fullscreen 2560x1440, the monitor displays the game at the correct aspect ratio with black bars to the sides. In DotE, everything is stretched. Is the game scaling the selected resolution to the actual monitor native resolution?

At least I see green resolutions when running in windowed mode, which is how I've had to play the game. At fullscreen resolutions however, no matter what I do, the game appears stretched, and looks horrible.

How about, when running at an incorrect aspect ratio resolution, either a) letterbox the game or b) show more of the game to fill the extra space.

Don't stretch the game! It looks horrible!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 7, 2015, 11:49:22 PM
I just "fixed" this. You have to go into your Registry.xml file and type in the resolution you want. Make sure it is a 16:9 ratio.

You want the user Registry.xml file not the default one in the installation folder. For me the user one is in \Documents\Dungeon of the Endless\Users\
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 10, 2015, 12:50:37 AM
Kavlax wrote:
I just "fixed" this. You have to go into your Registry.xml file and type in the resolution you want. Make sure it is a 16:9 ratio.

You want the user Registry.xml file not the default one in the installation folder. For me the user one is in \Documents\Dungeon of the Endless\Users[/QUOTE]

Thanks! this helped with my Mac being unable to offer any "green" resolution.

In OS X, Registry.xml lives here:

~/Library/Application Support/Dungeon of the Endless/Users//Registry.xml
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment