Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

All rooms are really dark

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Nov 3, 2014, 5:59:28 PM
DESCRIPTION - All rooms are dark, every one of them. Even more so than the unpowered rooms in the trailers an let's plays I have been able to find. I have been playing for 12 hours now, and it has been like this from the start without changing. I can see the power going through the rooms, but the rooms themselves don't light up. Parts of some of them do though get lit up when i power them, but not the rest (don't have a screenshot of that right now though, will upload one once I encounter it again). I have messed around with all the settings, validated the steam files, have tried to run it as an administrator, and i have tried to update my driver software. None of that changed it.

GAME VERSION - 1.0.15

GAME SAVE - Save.zip

OUTPUT LOG - output_log.zip

DIAGNOSTICS.HTML - Diagnostics.zip

REGISTRY.XML - Registry.zip

SPECS -

64 bit Windows 8.1

1920x1080

Intel Core i7-4702MQ CPU @ 2.20 GHz

12.0 GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760M

SCREENSHOTS -

Powered rooms:

Unpowered rooms:

Thanks! smiley: smile
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 6, 2014, 3:30:41 PM
I was futzing with forcing different rendering engines, and I got this when forcing directx11 but not opengl. Try setting the launch option '-force-opengl'

When I do that the initial loading screen draws funny, but alt-tabbing out and clicking back into the program make everything else look normal.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 6, 2014, 4:34:53 PM
Hello there,

We worked on this point, it will be better in the next patch. smiley: smile We will continue to work on it.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 8, 2014, 12:27:30 PM
Thanks guys! Looking forward to that patch. :3

EDIT: Aside form a few graphical bugs, the '-force-opengl' thing that vault13rev talked about actually works. So i'll be using that until then.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 11, 2014, 12:25:53 PM
I wanted to add to the need for a resolution to this bug. The launch option offered here had no impact when I run the game.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 14, 2014, 5:56:12 PM
Patch 1.0.23 didn't fix it for me. smiley: frown

The launch option that vault talked about still works though.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 22, 2014, 2:35:17 PM
No fix for me :/ With "-force-d3d11" its to dark and without the game chrashes...

pls fix it...

I play on a Surface pro 3 with intel HD4400
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 23, 2014, 5:38:57 PM
My first two sessions were fine. (second one lasted a bit over 2 hours in multiplayer) and today all the rooms are super dark, just like in OPs screenshots. Nothing has really changed from yesterday on my computer, so I'm not sure what could be wrong. -force does not work for me.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 22, 2015, 4:40:15 PM
Hello SlyFly,

We are sorry to learn that. We have seen a good improvement on many PC that we tested. It might be a new issue related to the specs... We need the detail of your specs in order to know if you launch the game with special options in Steam.

Could you please provide us the files below?

- Did you use any command in the steam console ? (for instance -opengl or any other commands)

- Your specs : Share your specs with us! Your OS, screen resolution, etc.

- OUTPUT LOG

• For PC: [Steaminstalldir]/Steamapps/Common/Dungeon of the Endless/DungeonoftheEndless_Data/output_log.txt
  • For MAC: (via the OSX Console) - ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

- DIAGNOSTICS.HTML

• For PC: [Documentsdir]/Dungeon of the Endless/Temporary Files/Diagnostics*.html
  • For MAC: Diagnostics.*.html - ~Library/Application Support/Dungeon of the Endless/Temporary Files/

Thank you.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment