Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Crashing When Creating Modules

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jan 26, 2015, 10:06:27 PM
Whenever I put down a major module, I cross my fingers in the hopes that the game doesn't crash. I generally get 1-3 crashes before being able to get to a new floor. The latest patch didn't do much to fix this issue (other than autosaves preventing playthrough-wipe) and I'm worried this issue is going to remain for many months.

Here is the info that may help isolate this issue:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zc2af12qdzyltxn/Dungeon%20of%20the%20Endless.7z?dl=0

I'm hoping this issue will be fixed soon, but considering how long this game's been out and how few posts are on the DotE subforum, I have a feeling it won't...
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 27, 2015, 1:23:02 PM
Hello humblepie82,

We apologize for the inconvenience. This is the first time that we have a report about the modules, we're going to look into it.

Thank you for your report!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jan 27, 2015, 7:56:11 PM
I have a feeling it's something related to memory leak, as it happens more frequently the further you go in. The latest patch reduced the frequency of crashes in the early game but once you reach the transition for 1/3rd to 2/3rds of the game the crashes go into overdrive. Likely a result of there being more stuff going on in the floor. These crashes also don't leave crash reports, just normal desktop like a child plunked into their pen :P

Sorry if it seems like I'm ungrateful, I'm just frustrated cause this game is easily one of the best games I needed right now and even these crashes aren't enough for me to not muscle my way through...possibly a bad thing
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 1, 2015, 11:26:28 PM
Since my last post, the crashing problem has gotten much more aggressive. The crashes can occur as early as the first room of the first floor. They crashes no longer only happen when placing major modules, but minor modules, opening doors, and loading the elevator/next floor. The only changes to my game since my last post is that I unlocked all the characters. If the issues plaguing this game are so fundamental that just unlocking new characters is enough to send the game into a tizzy simply tells me that this game is not worth my time. I'm sorry, but I'm giving up until some real concrete changes are put forward or there's some communication from the developers.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 2, 2015, 1:27:07 PM
Hello, I'm sorry about this issue. smiley: frown

Could you please provide us the file below? (It seems that we can't access anymore to the file that you linked in your first post)

GAME DIRECTORY

• For PC: /Dungeon of the Endless
  • For MAC: ~Library/Application Support/Dungeon of the Endless

Thank you.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment