Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Various crashes in single player

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Feb 1, 2015, 7:07:17 PM
I experience crashes every hour or so (just an average, it doesn't mean it crashes after 1 hour)

Description:

Once, it was when launching a new game after selecting my heroes. Twice, when clicking the elevator to go to the next level. Once, when closing the inventory of one of my heroes. I experienced 2 other crashed but I can't exactly recall the circumstances.

After crashing, I do not always get the "Oops" message. Sometimes the game becomes totally unresponsive and I have to force close it. Once, Windows automatically set the game to run the game in compatibility mode as a way to fix it.

Unfortunately, I do not have the log file for all these crashes, just for the latest one: when clicking the elevator to go to the next level, it crashed. I got the 'Oops' message but still had to force close the game afterwards. When reloading the game, I could not continue it, as the save file dissapeard it seems.

Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit), Resolution 1600x900, Intel Core i7-3610QM, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M (also an Intel graphics card, but the game runs with the NVIDIA), DirectX runtime version 11.0. (everything is up to date as it is a fresh install of Windows (2 weeks ago))

Version: Steam 1.043

Log file: http://we.tl/eOOrBBiBWq

(the link will expire in a week)
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 1, 2015, 8:05:22 PM
I had another crash; I paused the game right after grabbing the crystal to send my hero to the exist and it crashed.

You can download the report for this crash and also for the crash mentionned above (forgot to include the folder created next to the game .exe as suggested in the "oops" message)

crash reports.zip

or download link: http://we.tl/FjYS7Sc9aN
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 1, 2015, 11:48:59 PM
Another crash, this one did not generate a proper report though. I now recall it's the second time I have that one: as I pick up the crystal, I pause the game, click on the exit, then unpause. I'm not sure exactly at which moment precisely the two crashes happened, but here is a printscreen of what my frozen screen looked like.

The diagnostics html file Diagnostics_20150202_000835.zip

I hope you can get this sorted. Do not hesitate to contact me for more info about my system.

As a side note, sometimes blue pixel blocks appear when playing.... I did not really notice them at first, but they definetly do not seem to be there on purpose.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 2, 2015, 1:14:51 PM
Hi BenvenutoGesufal and welcome to the forum! smiley: smile

Thank you a lot for your report, we are going to look into it.
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 2, 2015, 4:55:58 PM
Unfortunately, I have no idea at the moment. :s

I understand your frustration about it and I apologize for the inconvenience. I forwarded the files to the technical team!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 2, 2015, 6:54:33 PM
Here is an exemple of a blue "pixel block" that appear randomly on the screen for a very short time (I would say 1ms second):
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 8, 2015, 5:13:02 PM
Just to update you guys: the cause might be a dieing GPU.

The blue pixel blocks appear only when I use my dedicated GPU (far superior to my intgrated one). After setting up the game to run with my integrated card, they do not appear anymore and, more importantly, the game does not seem to crash at all (so far).
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment