Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Lightning issues & game freeze

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jan 31, 2015, 8:52:20 PM
The game's graphics pipeline still seems to be rather buggy.

I am getting lots of lightning flickering. At first I thought it could an effect in a single room, but as I opened more rooms it was evident that lit rooms have a lightning issue where they flicker between lit and unlit.

It becomes very annoying in no time.

I also have experienced an issue where the game's screen froze completely. using the keyboard seemed to indicate it was still working - pressing ESC could trigger the sound effect associated with the ESC game menu.

But the screen was frozen in one image of the dungeon. This happened precisely when I had a menu for an artifact opened, and I pressed ESC in an attempt to dismiss that menu without selecting anything to research.

I pressed ALT+F4 after it was evident the game was not going to recover, and then the game crashed instead of closing gracefully.

I come back to the game after every new update, but since it got 1.0'ed I just cannot play anymore because of the crashes.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 2, 2015, 1:11:34 PM
Hey! smiley: smile

We have seen an amelioration for most of the computers/specs that we have tested since the latest update.

Could you please give us more details about your specs? Could you also try to use this command in Steam? -force-d3d9

Here is how to: Right Click on DotE in Steam > select "Properties" > General > Define the launching options of the game > -force-d3d9 > Ok and launch the game. Tell us if it seems to be better or not.

Thank you.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 16, 2015, 1:46:33 PM
Sorry for the belated response.

I have tried the -force-d3d9 flag and the game seemed to run stable with that. The flickering in the lightning layer disappeared with the lauch flag.

The crashes did not seem to be related to the research crystal after all, I had a bunch of game freezes after I removed the flag (for testing purposes) on various stages of gameplay, even scrolling or idling.

Computer specs:

CPU Intel 4700MQ

GPU Geforce 765M 2GB VRAM

RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance

Storage 1TB SSD Samsung Evo 840

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bits

Drivers and OS updated to the latest.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 16, 2015, 2:34:47 PM
Spoke too soon.

The -force-d3d9 makes the game *somewhat* more stable, it takes much longer to crash, but it still does eventually starts to flicker and crash.

The flickers tend to be much more prominent in the crystal room.

Sometimes the whole rooms flicker, but sometimes the light paths in the walls and floor flicker as well.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Feb 16, 2015, 2:45:31 PM
Hello Brazilian_Joe and thank you for your feedback!

We would like to have more information about your issue, could you please provide us the file below?

GAME DIRECTORY

• For PC: /Dungeon of the Endless
  • For MAC: ~Library/Application Support/Dungeon of the Endless

Thank you.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment