Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Dual screen

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Mar 3, 2015, 8:25:17 PM
Just wanted to bump this thread as I have also been bemoaning the current screen behavior. Constrained mouse in the current set up would be a nice improvement, and a true borderless windowed mode would be ideal obviously. It is frustrating having the mouse drift right off onto the second monitor, minimizing the game and usually killing at least one of my heroes smiley: frown
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 21, 2014, 7:05:58 PM
Mysterarts wrote:
Do you have examples of other Unity 3D games with a real fullscreen mode that runs in the background without pausing the game? It could help us!

The current fullscreen is not exactly a borderless windowed mode, but a special mode in between.

looks like there no unity game that's not pausing.

so our hope is a fix in unity?

dual monitor system are very normal these day.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 20, 2014, 4:00:03 PM
Ok, my mistake, I thought you were talking about the huhn's issues smiley: embarassement

We decided to keep the same behaviour for the different modes but we could think about an option in the solo mode.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 20, 2014, 12:31:46 PM
Mysterarts wrote:
I'm not sure you understood correctly ^^

Currently, we can keep the game running with our "false" fullscreen. If we use the "real" fullscreen, the game will "freeze" when it loses focus and desynchronise in multiplayer for example.

That was pretty much what I thought, but my explanation was somewhat bloated. My point was though, can't you keep using 'false fullscreen' as you call it, but detect when it gets minimized? If you can do that, you can cause an ingame pause (ignored in multiplayer/sanitary ship). In fact, I believe that AI War was re-written to run on unity several years ago, and that's exactly what they do, so you may want to take a look at that. No desyncs, no glitches, and no exploiting it as a way to pause unpausable game modes - just a handy feature to prevent some of the most tragic losses I've ever had... /cries in corner/

lol
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 20, 2014, 11:35:09 AM
I'm not sure you understood correctly ^^

Currently, we can keep the game running with our "false" fullscreen. If we use the "real" fullscreen, the game will "freeze" when it loses focus and desynchronise in multiplayer for example.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 19, 2014, 1:55:14 PM
If I'm understanding correctly, you currently have two choices - either do nothing when it minimizes, like now, or stop all processing, essentially causing the game to lockup. But wouldn't it be possible to detect when focus is lost and trigger an in-game pause? That way, if you were playing multiplayer, or any other place where pause is disabled, nothing happens. But if you're just playing a normal game, you tab back in, and the game is paused just like you pressed space. Considering how widely used the Unity engine is, if it can't even detect a lost focus, I'm really disappointed in it.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 19, 2014, 10:58:19 AM
One of the main reason is the multiplayer: we need to keep live the link between the players.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 18, 2014, 3:46:05 PM
Mysterarts wrote:
Do you have examples of other Unity 3D games with a real fullscreen mode that runs in the background without pausing the game? It could help us!

The current fullscreen is not exactly a borderless windowed mode, but a special mode in between.

Out of curiosity, why do you specifically not want it to pause? When this happened to me, my first thought was 'why would alt-tabbing NOT pause the game?' Granted, my second thought was 'that would be REALLY annoying if you were going for the no pausing achievement', but I'd be happy with it as an option.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 18, 2014, 9:58:13 AM

0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 25, 2014, 8:32:38 PM
Hi !

First of all thanks for the game, it's great I love play it smiley: smile

But i have an issue : I got dual screen and, when i reach the right side of my left screen, my mouse don't stop at the edge of my screen but go on my right screen. This is annoying but nothing terrible. I hope you'lle find a solution soon

Thanks again smiley: smile

P.S. : I got the same problem with Endless legend, thread here : http://forums.amplitude-studios.com/showthread.php?27291-Dual-screen&p=173161#post173161
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 17, 2014, 11:14:19 AM
Hi,

This is due to a Unity 3D problem (our engine): we can't have a "real" fullscreen mode and keep the game running when the window loses the focus smiley: frown
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 16, 2014, 4:45:09 PM
yeah is a not nice at all. another clue that this games doesn't use a real fullscreen mode but a borderless window mode.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 15, 2014, 7:36:42 PM
Sorry for up this post, but even with the First Aid Kit Update [1.0.23], i still have the same problem smiley: frown Other people encounter the same inconvenience ?
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 7, 2014, 10:48:48 PM
Ah I was looking to see if this was on the forums already! Would really like to see this fixed. Was making progress and then I accidentally clicked out and it minimized and got my hero kill :/
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 7, 2014, 7:34:47 PM
I agree, minimizing is frustrating. But the main issue is at first, the fact the cursor goes out of the game, without any alt-tab :/
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 6, 2014, 3:24:01 AM
Indeed this is an issue.

But to me the proper behavior is that **the game should not minimize** when clicking on the second screen. We have dual screens so we can do 2 things at the same time, if i am clicking one of my emails or changing song in my playlist, it is annoying that the game minimizes... It should just stay put.

Many games have this feature of a "floating fullscreen" that doesn't get disturbed by activities on other screens. This mode would fit right into DotE or EL since they are both games that we play for LONG HOURS thus having the comfort / convenience of being able to do things on the other screens without minimizing would be very welcome.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Nov 5, 2014, 6:47:20 PM
Hi smiley: smile

First, a really great game ! That need some improvement but really enjoyable !

I reply to this thread because i have exactly the same issue in fullscreen with my 2 screens : main screen on my right, secondary on the left. It seems there is no hook for the cursor, like a windowed borderless option, but could minimize when you click on the other desktop (game loose focus).

For the moment, i use ZQSD (or WASD for english layout) or arrows directions to move the camera, but i would like to use the mouse like it's usable in the 3 others directions (excluded the one that bug).

And like SkA, I have the same issue with Endless Legend smiley: frown

Cordially =)
0Send private message
10 years ago
Oct 28, 2014, 1:14:52 PM
As this bug is not listed in Known Issues, I would like to up this post.

Indeed I play with dual screen, main screen on the right, second screen on the left. Although the game appears to be in Fullscreen, if your mouse reach the left side of my main screen, I click on the second screen, game minimized, and you died horribly to the 6 waves that have just spawned.

It would be great if you can fix this.

Great game, looking forward to multiplayer improvements

Best regards

Minaif
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment