Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Game frequently freezes at 100% loaded between levels

Copied to clipboard!
9 years ago
Apr 24, 2015, 5:09:48 PM
Hi guys,

I am having real trouble enjoying this great game due to this bug which keeps destroying my games. The issue is that about 1 in 10 times the game will crash on the loading level screen. This happens both when starting a new game when advancing from one level to the next, seems to happen randomly no particular level.

Since it happens so often I managed to reproduce it and grab the save game data before and after the crash along with the log of the game run when it happened.

In the save file I am on level 4 about to walk to the exit elevator. Each time I load this game and reach the exit the following happens

- Get to exit

- See the score screen in the elevator

- See loading screen for level 5

- See "you unlocked a picture" popup (overlaid on loading screen)

- See "you unlocked Rayaka" popup (overlaid on loading screen)

- Then I just stare at the 100% loaded screen forever.. level never initialised all I can do is alt+f4

This happens every time I run the save no matter what I do between loading and walking to the exit. When I reload the game after alt-f4 the Continue button is greyed out even though the sav file is in my folder. I have included before and after save files in my post.

Get on this link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22203901/Users.zip

I am playing on Steam, Windows 8.1 64bit, DUNGEON OF THE ENDLESS V1.0.63 S19 (32-bit)

16Gb ram, Intel i7, Nvidia 970, Asus Xonar D2X soundard, Dual screen setup: screen 1: 3840x2160 , screen 2: 1920x1080

Only unusual thing about my PC is I am playing on 4K monitor, desktop res is 3840x2160 but I play the game in 1920x1080 in full screen mode

I saw this bug mentioned on some forums but people seem to think its fixed.. well not for me!

Please take a look and get this fixed, would really like to play the game without the constant crashes which I cannot get past even by backing up my saves.

Thanks

Tom
0Send private message
0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 27, 2015, 8:48:18 AM
Hi tjosgood,

I see in your logs that your "my documents" folder is included in your dropbox folder.

The error comes from a "sharing violation" on your profile file (UserProfile.pfl). It doesn't say exactly which program is already using this file but I would bet on dropbox...

May I ask why you have this folder settings?

If you cannot change it, I would recommend disabling dropbox synchronization (at least on the "Dungeon of the Endless" folder) during your play sessions.

Can you tell me if this fixes your problem?

GFX47
0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 27, 2015, 8:50:15 AM
Hi Lanaos,

Could you tell me if you have the same settings ("my documents" folder included in a dropbox synchronized folder)?

I would like to see your logs if that's not the case.

Please include your /Dungeon of the Endless folder in your zip.

GFX47
0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 27, 2015, 5:54:52 PM
Hi GFX47,

Yea I have my documents included in my Dropbox via symlink/hardlink to keep my documents backed up. Thanks for the suggestion I will disable it and see if that makes a difference to the issue.

Thanks

Tom
0Send private message
9 years ago
Apr 27, 2015, 6:07:56 PM
Well it worked for the save file attached so thats good! Will keep an eye on it and see if it happens at game start again,

Thanks!
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment